Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I have the Alfa - you win it during one of the old car races. I also won the Zonda R, but I can't remember which race.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
You get the Zonda R from the "GT World Championship" in B-Spec mode. Hope that helps.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Hit level 32 A-spec tonight. Nothing for getting there... Got a belated birthday car - the 1972 Honda LifeVan - it's worse than you think. Hit 300 cars in garage = matte blue paint.

The new Seasonal Challenge is a nightmare. The first prizes (3 races) are a level 21 car, level 22 car, and level 23 car! Unfortunately you start 1 minute behind on the 1st race (Trial Mountain - 5 laps), 17 sec behind in the second race (Tsukuba - 5 laps), and 30 sec behind in the 3rd race (Laguna Seca - 5 laps). Doesn't sound too bad until realize that you get a basically stock Fiat 500 1.2L 8V Lounge SS in the first race, a stock Lotus 111R in the second race, and a slightly modded WRX STI 2010 Sedan in the last race. Ugh... The best so far is 3rd in the first race (21 sec behind), 4th in the 2nd race (9 sec behind), and nothing yet in the third one since I almost pulled a Jox and broke the controller.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ridgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Hit level 32 A-spec tonight. Nothing for getting there... Got a belated birthday car - the 1972 Honda LifeVan - it's worse than you think. Hit 300 cars in garage = matte blue paint.

The new Seasonal Challenge is a nightmare. The first prizes (3 races) are a level 21 car, level 22 car, and level 23 car! Unfortunately you start 1 minute behind on the 1st race (Trial Mountain - 5 laps), 17 sec behind in the second race (Tsukuba - 5 laps), and 30 sec behind in the 3rd race (Laguna Seca - 5 laps). Doesn't sound too bad until realize that you get a basically stock Fiat 500 1.2L 8V Lounge SS in the first race, a stock Lotus 111R in the second race, and a slightly modded WRX STI 2010 Sedan in the last race. Ugh... The best so far is 3rd in the first race (21 sec behind), 4th in the 2nd race (9 sec behind), and nothing yet in the third one since I almost pulled a Jox and broke the controller.
The latest challenges are as we say in england a "Bastard"!!!!!

Old 06-10-2011, 05:27 AM
Watch this space.
You aren't kidding. That first one is near-impossible. I mean, I drove consecutive laps in the low 2:08 range and was still 20 seconds shy. No chance of beating it...

Old 06-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
I think the new seasonal events are more about transmission and suspension tuning and less about driving as the best I have got thus far is 4th in all of them and I couldn't of gone any faster without flying off the track.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
Those are discouraging words, Im going to have to jump on right now and race.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Watch this space.
So I cannot get the Subaru STI to stop understeering! I've adjusted the center diff to 25/75 F/R, stiffened up the rear springs, roll bar, etc. Nothing seems to be helping - I don't have any T/C, ASM, etc. on either. It just wants to understeer on every corner...

Old 06-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I moved my front bar to 4, and the rear is at 6. -24 rear, -25 front, no other adjustments so far, I got 3rd and 2nd barely finished ahead (some 2 seconds) but i was some 13seconds behind first. Ill give it another go tonight.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:58 PM
Watch this space.
I think second is achievable, but first looks soooo far off.

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread