Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

My SLS woes... what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by nrz
I also wouldn't bother driving it back and fourth and request they pick up the car on their flatbed to avoid the miles on any future issues (may as well have them drop off a loaner at the same time). While your service advisor is probably handling the issue very well I would ask to deal with the manager for the remainder of the ordeal and put a call in to your sales rep/manager and ask for a owner to call so he knows what's going on. Keep your cool though and if push comes to shove reach out to MBUSA and then raise holy hell.
I think this has been the best advice so far. There's no reason you should be driving back and forth to the dealer. My MB dealer will come and pick up my car if need be and I don't have a 200k SLS. Demand better service from the dealer.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:56 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Bisan is on a distinguished roadBisan is on a distinguished roadBisan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Full Tilt Rally
I think this has been the best advice so far. There's no reason you should be driving back and forth to the dealer. My MB dealer will come and pick up my car if need be and I don't have a 200k SLS. Demand better service from the dealer.
What dealer to you use?

Problem is last time they flat bedded it, it was brutal watching them struggle to put the car up the truck. Not the dealers fault but still... didn't want the risk of them damaging the car in case I am stuck with it!

Old 11-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Did you call MBUSA yet? They will send a "inspector" to the dealer (unbiased) to check out the car - If I were in your shoes I would do that sooner then later

Old 11-30-2011, 09:53 AM
nrz
Teamspeed Senior Member
nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Bisan
What dealer to you use?

Problem is last time they flat bedded it, it was brutal watching them struggle to put the car up the truck. Not the dealers fault but still... didn't want the risk of them damaging the car in case I am stuck with it!
Then that right there should indicate another problem. A dealer sellling $200k cars should know how to properly and promptly toe a vehicle, or have a company on hand that does. I do understand it lows and wide and all that but so are Ferrari's, Porsche's and Corvette's.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
I think the first thing you should do is change dealers , sounds horrific !

Old 11-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Bisan is on a distinguished roadBisan is on a distinguished roadBisan is on a distinguished road
Small update. You guys and ts are my place to vent and at this point who knows when the venting will end.

Spoke to my SA today, he mentioned that Charlie H. a regional service advisor stated that smoking from the passenger brake duct was normal. Since it was just some water splashing up and steaming off of the oil cooler. Here is a picture... of what I saw after 1.5 hours driving!

I have spoken to MB USA today they are forwarding me to rep tomorrow. The car is getting a new windshield because of the pitting (at 700 miles) and supposedly there is a bulletin on the headlights.

Then they came and took my sweet E class loaner and gave me a C class. lol I took my 08 Cayenne to a new dealership that I've never been too nor did I purchase the car from them and they gave me a 2011 Cayman as a loaner.

I know you guys are telling me to keep my cool, and I am (trying to) but I've kind of had it, I am going to see what MB USA and the AMG rep have to say. If I don't get some hella compensation for the troubles. I dont know what I am going to do.

Lemon law in Florida is 30 days in service within 2 years. I'm at 6 days in 3 weeks! Going to count down the days...

Old 11-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
This is like a nightmare every time I read it, I'm sorry man I think everyone here has been hosed one way or the other by a dealer. I hope everything turns out well in the end and hold in there!

Old 11-30-2011, 08:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like the car has had the front end repaired. Have an independent body shop check the paint/other tell tale signs of damage.

New car or refund.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
I would drive that car another mile. Take it back demand your money back ASAP. Bring the local press.
Don't do this. That's the absolute wrong way to get anywhere with your dealer at this point - bring the press. Give me a break.

Take the car back and tell them you want MB to exchange it for a new one. I can't imagine that'd be a problem for them. See what they say when you go that route. You may need to discuss this with MBUSA.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06
This is like a nightmare every time I read it, I'm sorry man I think everyone here has been hosed one way or the other by a dealer. I hope everything turns out well in the end and hold in there!
I completely agree. Hopefully your car will get fixed sooner than later.

Quick Reply: My SLS woes... what should I do?