Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

My SLS woes... what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
nthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
Who are you?
Car salesmen, lol

Old 01-21-2012, 02:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nice
Bump for update, any luck Bisan?

Old 01-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
cream168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Would like to see update also Bisan, I feel your pain.

I have had to take my CLS63 to the dealer 4 times already for the same problem which they claimed they fixed. It was the front passenger side parking sensor kept going off even though nothing was there. Every time I went to pick up the car they told me it was fixed but it wasn't and I finally had enough, The 3rd time I went to pick up the car I demanded the dealer's AMG tech come for a drive with me and I showed him that it wasn't fixed. So the next time I went to pick up the car I told them if it's not fixed I don't want the car back. They told me it was fixed but what do you know? Sensor goes off again right as I was about to pull out of the dealership LOL so I stop there blocking all traffic (1 lane entrance/exit at this dealer, I know, genius right?) The GM comes out just livid asking what the heck I was doing. I told him what happened and expressed my anger and he immediately was on the dick, took the car back and they finally found out the 4th time that it was a loose/broken rattling clip holding the sensor in the bumper that was causing the disturbance, everything was covered under warranty and didn't cost me a dime which is good. How can something so simple take so many tries to fix? Just goes to show how bad the service department is at this MB dealer. There are 2 MB dealers in my city so I switched to the other one which is much better and actually keeps my car in a heated garage rather than outside in the rain/snow when it's brought in for service unlike the other dealer who parks it outside in a little fenced off unpaved dirt lot. Only downside is the new dealership is on the other side of town but I can live with that. I just recently switched to the new dealer and so far everything has been much better, they even have a restaurant inside and come up to offer beverages/snacks when I am waiting, the other MB dealer didn't offer shit, there was even an occurrence where I had to leave my car at the dealer for an extended period of time and needed a loaner and they told me they were out of loaners, they only offered a shuttle vehicle to come pick me up and drop me off, weak!

I also had a friend who wanted to purchase a 2011 CLS63 when they first came out, he was willing to put 20k down as a deposit for the car and pay the rest cash when the car arrived. The salesman gave him a time frame on when the car would arrive and told him he had secured an allocation but my friend asked the salesman to sign a contract stating that if the car was not delivered within the given time he would be able to get a full refund for his deposit. The salesman immediately denied to sign the contract cause the allocation he promised on having never actually existed... He basically wanted to take the deposit and hold you to purchase the car when he found an allocation. So my friend went to the other MB dealer and made an order there.... and what do you know? His car didn't show up until 6 months after his delivery date, LOL they kept telling him his car would show up soon and it was one excuse after another, nice dealer!

I am not hating on MB I am just sharing my past bad experiences just like this OP who is having troubles with his SLS/MB dealer. I have owned/own few AMGs and am awaiting delivery of my C63BS but I am just putting it out there, find a good dealer, otherwise prepare to be shafted. Hope everything works out with your SLS and good luck!

Last edited by cream168; 01-27-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
I bought my first p-car at Hoehn Porsche in the San Diego area and it was one of the most positive experiences I have had. Then I got my 2nd p-car at a dealership up in the LA area and it was the worst experience. Unfortunately the dealers in LA do a higher volume of sales and can give much better discounts, but my local guys have much better service and personality. If there prices were closer and they had more inventory I would do all my business with them. I go in there often and just chat with the sales guys and sales mgr like a group of petrol heads, they put no pressure on me and it is always a pleasant experience.