Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

In Beverly Hills Porsche = ZERO

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
Do you live in LA County? Its pretty big!

I guess I visit a different Beverly Hills than you, is your Beverly Hills the one in California? In the year 2010? Ever been to Sports Club La in BH? Theres a white 997 turbo, red 996 turbo, a baby blue gallardo convertible all driven by women. I saw the hottest girl driving a black F430 about a month ago and saw a woman driving a murci the other day.

I was exaggerating when i said 90 percent, in reality its more like 50 percent.
In fact, that's my gym (the one on Sepulveda) and I have worked out there for > 5 yrs and have never seen a woman driving a 911 TT, Ferrari or Lambo there. Sure, Boxsters, R8s and the occasional base 911. But not those other cars.

Yeah, I can see how you can extrapolate from your "visit" to Bev Hills, that 50% of the high end sports cars are driven by women. But from someone who actually lives here, I can attest that is not the case.

In any event, the bottom line is that in LA there is no difference between a Cayman and a 911 GT2 as far as 99.9% of the populace is concerned. And that's not because they don't know anything about cars or even that they disrespect Porsches as fine automobiles. It's because there is zero exclusivity to Porsches today due to the fact that they are so ubiquitous in LA that they all have become "just another Porsche". It's not a knock on Porsche. It just is.

Last edited by U-Boat Commander; 10-12-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U-Boat Commander
In fact, that's my gym and I have worked out there for > 5 yrs and have never seen a woman driving a 911, Ferrari or Lambo there. Sure, Boxsters and R8s. But not those other cars.
I see atleast 10 different woman in 997TT's on a weekly basis, several live right by me, several woman driving Gallardos, tons driving f430's and Californias, R8's and Carrera Converts too many to think of..

Old 10-12-2010, 02:08 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Now those cars driven by women, how badly are the chin spoilers or rims curbed or scuffed up?

Old 10-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by U-Boat Commander
In fact, that's my gym (the one on Sepulveda) and I have worked out there for > 5 yrs and have never seen a woman driving a 911 TT, Ferrari or Lambo there. Sure, Boxsters, R8s and the occasional base 911. But not those other cars.

Yeah, I can see how you can extrapolate from your "visit" to Bev Hills, that 50% of the high end sports cars are driven by women. But from someone who actually lives here, I can attest that is not the case.

In any event, the bottom line is that in LA there is no difference between a Cayman and a 911 GT2 as far as 99.9% of the populace is concerned. And that's not because they don't know anything about cars or even that they disrespect Porsches as fine automobiles. It's because there is zero exclusivity to Porsches today due to the fact that they are so ubiquitous in LA that they all have become "just another Porsche". It's not a knock on Porsche. It just is.
Im BH adjacent! LOL I live a few blocks out doesnt make a difference...as I have lived in BH at times as well.

Point being check out the SCLA in BH not the sepulveda one. The sepulveda location gets more people from santa monica, westwood and brentwood. Im sure after a couple visits to the BH SCLA you will see a couple. As I have worked out there for several years.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
^ I have worked out at SCLA BH a few times but it's been years. . .

Funny thing is that I work downtown and used to always see this 65 yr old Asian woman driving a 911TT on the way to work on the 10 Freeway. Somehow we had the same schedule. It always used to crack me up to see an old Asian lady babying a 911TT down the freeway. I definitely keep an eye out for this sort of thing. Sure, every once in a while you see a woman in a 911 or even a Ferrari. But for sure, I have never seen a woman driving a Lambo of any kind. I must not be going to the right places.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Allan if you want to park up front...you'll have to do this to your lambo

Old 10-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Allan, is it not enough that all Automakers who make Sports Cars COMPARE their car against a 911?

The perceived 'superiority' from the fag valet's or superficial douche bags in BH is completely DIFFERENT from the real perceived superiority of the Porsche 911.

Because if it didn't demand respect, you'd never pick up a an automag or go online and see a comparison AGAINST the 911.

Ever.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
I think in places like Beverly Hills the flashier cars do get more respect even from people who park them everyday. Funny thing is that your Turbo could probably beat all the cars that get parked up front in a race.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant future
November issue of C&D pits the AUDI R8 V-10, FERRARI 458, MERCEDES SLS, ASTON MARTIN V-12 VANTAGE AND 911 TURBO S against each other in many different categories.

Scoring results:

5. ASTON MARTIN

4. MB SLS

3. AUDI R8

2. F-458

1. 911 TURBO S

Quick Reply: In Beverly Hills Porsche = ZERO