Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

In Beverly Hills Porsche = ZERO

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I swore I logged on Teamspeed and not 6speedonline when I clicked this thread........ hmmmmm
Dayum...that's below the belt.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
I'll be with my buddys in Boston and see a Turbo and look as it drives by, but my friends have no clue what it is. Especially in white, doesn't get much attention from people who don't know what it is.
Stop hanging out with the guido's from Revere who think the best car in the world is a black/black S class with chromies!!

Originally Posted by Gobbles
Dayum...that's below the belt.
More of a kidney shot......you know.... to wake you up, let you know its good to be alive!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Maybe this thread should be on a socallookatme.com forum

Old 10-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 81911
Maybe this thread should be on a socallookatme.com forum
It has nothing to do with lookatme... I could careless if they look at me, and I did buy the Porsche expecting less attention.. It has to do with peoples perception of the mark... the fact that in a $8.00hr's employees eyes, who experiences a vast array of cars, they would rather park a 120k Porsche outback and keep a huge front line empty with a couple of 30-50k run of the mill cars upfront..

Its about respect for the mark, rather than respect for the person driving it..

Old 10-12-2010, 12:43 PM
the angry giant midget
cerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond repute
^shoot, i'll respect your P-car, just let me have the keys for an hour. have you posted any pics?

but i'm not sure what you mean by respect? you're using this term referencing the car, but it seems you personally feel disrespected.... just sayin'

also, is it customary to tip valets IOT have them park your ride in the front row? or is that reserved for the bosses / consigliere ?

Old 10-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by allanlambo
It has nothing to do with lookatme... I could careless if they look at me, and I did buy the Porsche expecting less attention.. It has to do with peoples perception of the mark... the fact that in a $8.00hr's employees eyes, who experiences a vast array of cars, they would rather park a 120k Porsche outback and keep a huge front line empty with a couple of 30-50k run of the mill cars upfront..

Its about respect for the mark, rather than respect for the person driving it..
Allan, in a world (especially the superficially charged California) where status symbols are all around, and to the uknowing eye, EVERY 911 looks the same, its not surprising the 911 doesnt get any respect.

Hell, even outside of CA 911's dont get the street cred they deserve.

So its not a shocker.

OR....

It's YOU. Just say'n.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
It's because it's a tippy!

I think UBC hit the nail on the head. To most folks, it's indistinguishable from a 2000 boxster.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
911guy is on a distinguished road911guy is on a distinguished road911guy is on a distinguished road
You don't earn respect by what you drive, you earn respect by your actions. I live in L.A. and you see quite a few nice cars and even more nice cars that people have ruined by putting 25 inch chrome wheels on to get attention.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cerberusdoc
^shoot, i'll respect your P-car, just let me have the keys for an hour. have you posted any pics?

but i'm not sure what you mean by respect? you're using this term referencing the car, but it seems you personally feel disrespected.... just sayin'

also, is it customary to tip valets IOT have them park your ride in the front row? or is that reserved for the bosses / consigliere ?
If it were me..they wouldnt park my bentley upfront...

Maybe people just dont like or care about cars as much as I do!

Attached Images  
Old 10-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by jamie
It's because it's a tippy!

I think UBC hit the nail on the head. To most folks, it's indistinguishable from a 2000 boxster.
I would never want a 6 speed Porsche..

Quick Reply: In Beverly Hills Porsche = ZERO