Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

In Beverly Hills Porsche = ZERO

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010 | 12:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M5Kid
I'm still trying to figure this thread out.
No shit, when I do finally buy the arctic silver 7.1 GT3 that haunts me in my sleep (and that day is approaching), I seriously hope most people think its just your run of the mill 911.

Old 10-14-2010 | 02:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Scootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of light
I'm going to take a stab at this.

If I'm reading this right, as the owner of a 911TT you know and understand the exclusivity and performance of the car. But due to the high school persona of the valet parking lot you wonder why your car does not get the attention that it deserves as a 911TT (via it's performance and exclusivity).

The thing is it does, but it will only get that treatment from those who know better.

Here is the thing: the general public as a whole knows car brand NAMES. They vaguely know the models associated with them. When you say Ferrari, Lamborghini, people recognize the names as cars that have a wow factor, that jump out at you, that have a starting price of over $180k. And you know this you own a Lambo.

However when people hear Porsche, the name as a whole is held in less regard than the aforementioned. They think Porsche, ok, they make the Boxter starting at $50k, the Cayman starting at $60k and the 911 starting at $80k. Right about now you are pushing the knowledge of the general public. Even farther than the 911 are the 20 different models associated with it to which the general public could never tell you the difference between a base 911 and a GT2RS. Therefore they are all associated with the base model.

Furthermore, the 911 body style does not have as much pizazz as say a Ferrari or Lambo.

It's a combination between all of these things that make it seem like the 911TT didnt get as much recognition as it deserved. Had you had a group of car enthusiasts that knew anything about the car they were driving then yea, maybe it would have ended up in the front row, but alas, that's not who you are dealing with at all.

*Disclaimer* All prices mentioned are not accurate but only a general description to get a point across.

Old 10-14-2010 | 02:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
well there you go.

[/thread]

Old 10-14-2010 | 11:33 AM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
IMO this thread is not about Allen wanting attention because of his car, it is simply about how he feels his car is not getting the respect it deserves. Which I am sure anyone of you would want the same, Your car being respected regardless of make. In this case it happens to be a 911 TT, which yes people usually buy to be able to go under the radar, yet as any enthusiast knows these cars IMO not only deserve respect, but I believe demand it.

Old 10-14-2010 | 11:40 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean73T
IMO this thread is not about Allen wanting attention because of his car, it is simply about how he feels his car is not getting the respect it deserves. Which I am sure anyone of you would want the same, Your car being respected regardless of make. In this case it happens to be a 911 TT, which yes people usually buy to be able to go under the radar, yet as any enthusiast knows these cars IMO not only deserve respect, but I believe demand it.
Exactly

Old 10-14-2010 | 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by sean73T
Sean summed it correctly. Now will someone please donate 2 turbos for his 911T so can get some damn RESPECT!! HAHA!! (p.s. he is my nephew and he is feeling a little low today because I blew by him in the C-GT so fast his tires fell off!!)

Old 10-14-2010 | 12:37 PM
the angry giant midget
cerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond repute
yo, respek
YouTube - RESPEK

Last edited by cerberus; 10-14-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-14-2010 | 12:41 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gah993
Sean summed it correctly. Now will someone please donate 2 turbos for his 911T so can get some damn RESPECT!! HAHA!! (p.s. he is my nephew and he is feeling a little low today because I blew by him in the C-GT so fast his tires fell off!!)
This is why I left the garage open last night...your CGT won't be so fast when the wires have been eaten away by mice

Old 10-14-2010 | 02:33 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
So I traded in my Carrera 4S for this sick Integra. I heard it gets alllllll the bitches...

Seriously, can we close this thread now? Who cares what people think of your car as long as YOU enjoy it.

Old 10-14-2010 | 02:43 PM
the angry giant midget
cerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
So I traded in my Carrera 4S for this sick Integra. I heard it gets alllllll the bitches...

Seriously, can we close this thread now? Who cares what people think of your car as long as YOU enjoy it.
is that a tranny?

Quick Reply: In Beverly Hills Porsche = ZERO