Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Great day at Breguet!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009 | 09:56 PM
|
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
Great day at Breguet!

I was in the city today so I decided to walk over to Breguet on 65th and Madison to have them look at my watch that I have been having problems with.

The saleswoman took my watch and immediately determined it was simply 'magnetized' and that was the only problem. I asked her how we fix this (dreading the answer...) and she took out a little box that said 'Demagnitizer' and moved the watch over it and said..."Done." LOL. it looked like a fake device from the 1960's Batman series, not very high tech.

It occurred to me that of course I understand demagnitizers, I just haven't thought about it in a long time..We used to have to demagnetize the 'heads' in our cassette decks..I'm sure it's the same thing.

My Breguet is now accurate to the second since 4PM today! I am so happy I didn't have to not only pay over $1K but Breguet confirmed it would have been a solid 12-16 weeks before I got it back.

They told me it was not important to keep it on a watch winder just to make sure to wind it and or wear it at least once a month..I won't have any problem with that.

While I was there I saw this...

uh oh!

Old 06-08-2009 | 10:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
That's great news Mark!!

I love the Breguet Tradition Ref. 7027BB/G9/9V6

The Grand Complication is one of the greatest watches ever made. It is one of my life-long goals to own one.

Last edited by Barrister; 06-08-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-08-2009 | 10:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Nice Mark! I'm glad to hear it was such an easy fix.

Old 06-08-2009 | 11:52 PM
|
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Nice Mark! I'm glad to hear it was such an easy fix.
Thanks! How rare is this?

What a nice store...old school Madison Avenue...surprised they let me in..

Old 06-09-2009 | 12:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Control It
Thanks! How rare is this?

What a nice store...old school Madison Avenue...surprised they let me in..
You should've bought a lottery ticket too! It was your lucky day!

Old 06-09-2009 | 01:00 AM
|
MrTheBadGuy
You should've bought a lottery ticket too! It was your lucky day!
weird you say that...it was actually a great day..saw my doc, got a great check up..went to Breguet and topped it off at Smith and Wollensky's..

Then..

Walked across the street and bought $20 of NY lottery tickets for the 25 million jackpot tomorrow night.

I rarely play the lottery.

anyone want a piece of my tickets?

Old 06-09-2009 | 01:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
I call dibs on 10% if you win!

Old 06-09-2009 | 01:22 AM
|
MrTheBadGuy
I call dibs on 10% if you win!
Paypal is your friend. That'll cost ya $2.

Old 06-09-2009 | 01:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Control It
Paypal is your friend. That'll cost ya $2.

Can I pay the $2 after you win?

Old 06-09-2009 | 04:17 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
All it need was degaussed? Sweet!