Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

My day at Breguet

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 02:06 AM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
My day at Breguet

I went to Breguet on Madison Avenue today to bring in my Marine watch to be demagnetized again..I love this watch but it got magnetized and doesnt keep time well to say the least..I ordered a demagnetizer tonight...as either it wasn't done right or who knows?

while i was there I tried on two other ones that I really liked..

Here's mine and the two others..

Thinking...

I knew I should not have gone in there!

Attached Images     
Old 07-26-2012, 02:08 AM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
The pictures aren't great...the black dial one is thinner and Titanium, it's $2500 more..

I like them both...

might sell some of my beloved Rolexes to make some room...

Old 07-26-2012, 02:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Careful, with talk like that WaterMark might come back. I like the silver dial out of those two.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:13 AM
MrTheBadGuy
I really hope the Marine is just magnetized...I rarely wear it, which is ridiculous as I love it in some ways best of all my watches...According to Breguet of course it 'needs' service...cost between $900-$1100 and a 10 week wait...

It's not the kind of watch I'd just send to anyone of course and once posted about this a couple of years ago.

The demagnetizer I ordered was from ebay..made in china and costs $13 including shipping lmao..

SHould be a good match with a $15K watch...I'm so cheap!

Old 07-26-2012, 02:17 AM
MrTheBadGuy
Originally Posted by JCay
Careful, with talk like that WaterMark might come back. I like the silver dial out of those two.
Which do you mean the silver dial? Thats the one I already own. The one with the silver dial has a black dial that looks dark grey sorta...you mean that one?

I wish I had taken pictures from the side as the black one is really nice thickness also titanium and lighter..

It looked super sharp and i described the feeling of the watch as very 'wearable'..just felt great on..$12,800 plus tax. thank you, it's Breguet..we will give you free water in a crystal glass by an attractive young girl, a free case every time you enter the store and some free straps. We don't discount.

I didnt even ask but the Russians next to me were trying to get a better price..I thought it was funny.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Did I say dial? I meant lip. This one:

Is this the titanium one? It's a nice clean design.

And, hey, if the $15 demagnetizer doesn't work then you don't lose much, but if it does... you're golden!

Old 07-26-2012, 02:30 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
The Marine is a very sharp looking watch.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:42 AM
MrTheBadGuy
Originally Posted by JCay
Did I say dial? I meant lip. This one:

Is this the titanium one? It's a nice clean design.

And, hey, if the $15 demagnetizer doesn't work then you don't lose much, but if it does... you're golden!
No that's the cheaper, thicker heavier one..nothing extreme...So far everyone has said that and yet the other one looks better in person..and i like the type style and dial a little better.

The other one reminds me of the Explorer..my least favorite rolex.

I didn't know H20 was into Breguet, the closing of TNT, was too much to bear! I feel so bad.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:45 AM
MrTheBadGuy
Looking at the pictures, I would be surprised if anyone would choose the black one..the picture just doesn't grab it right...

Old 07-26-2012, 04:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Not sure if he was into Breguet either. I just know he was all about the obliteration of all Rolex's

Quick Reply: My day at Breguet