Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 06:12 AM
Teamspeed Member
Majki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
I am not a big fan of Tags, mostly because I think that they are poorly constructed. I have known quite a few people that have had hands fall off, movements just stop working, etc., so I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. If you want a great watch go with a Panerai, Omega, or a Rolex (not necessarily in that order). All are very well made, and will take a beating and keep going. Of course, all of this is just my $0.02, and should be taken as opinion, and not fact.
Thanks, i appreciate your opinion! I dont like rolex, it is for old people..like Merc sl Panerai is expensive and Omega is much cheaper, but more people know brand Omega and for me, this is not good. It is a little bit strange for student in my country, to have watch like this, so I prefer Panerai.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I would disagree with you about Rolex being for old people, but to each their own. I love Panerai as a brand too, and I think Omegas are pretty good watches too.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by SoCal
I would disagree with you about Rolex being for old people, but to each their own. I love Panerai as a brand too, and I think Omegas are pretty good watches too.
Same here, I would even go so far as saying that vintage subs are becoming must-have accessories for young hipsters with money. I'm no hipster, but to me, it doesn't get much cooler than a vintage no-date sub (5513) on nato. Have a look at this and this thread for evidence.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Banned
My last Sub was a 16800 with amazing patina. I just couldn't pull it off because it was too small for my wrist. The vintage models are hot commodities these days.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute

Name:  5146-5970041009Waaier.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  168.6 KB

I am always a sucker for the ref. 5960, especially given its size, but that ref 5970 is da sex

Last edited by TeutonicCarFan; 04-28-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:10 AM
Banned
If Patek made a 43mm or larger watch, I might have to sell all of my other watches, and my truck to get it.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:19 AM
Teamspeed Member
xizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nice
I think that this has no age ...

Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2011, 07:02 AM
Banned
A 14060 E-series was my first Rolex. It now graces the wrist of ZamirZ.

My next was a 16800 Sub that I never wore, and my current daily is a Deep Sea.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Teamspeed Member
xizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nice
Hats off to you SoCal! If you don't mind, what's the reason for selling it ?

Old 04-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Banned
I sold the 14060 because my mom has cancer, and I needed to free up cash for her. The 16800 was sold because I never wore it once (my gf wore it for 2 days), and it was sold a week after I got back from Iraq. Neither were sold because they weren't good watches. I will likely never get rid of my Deep Sea; I am wearing it right now, in Iraq.

Quick Reply: Your next watch