Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ABK
Well in qatar they even take an extra 10k to 20k over the base price of the limited watches and thats in usd. really silly dealer.
i think it's extremely difficult to find a limited edition at list without being well connected.. perhaps with the factory even, not an AD

anyway check your pm bro, this might help

Old 02-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
I just picked up a Sub from our fellow TSer SoCal, but if I hadn't, I would have put an offer in on this vintage beauty:

TimeZone: Sales Corner => Blancpain Bundeswehr Kampfschwimmer Issued REDUCED
Man oh Man you know that thing doesn't look New in the original box don't you

Old 02-14-2011, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
a little mod help?

not really a 'next' watch, but MeanMachine the other day put this idea in my head by talking about the GMTII and now i wish to get the blue/red pepsi bezel
anyone know if it's an easy change to fit it?
any idea on price and availability?

here is my coke gmtii, and i'm thinking a little 'branding' modification can do my pocket some good for the time being

Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
^Ali, the bezel insert change is very straight-forward, just make sure you get a genuine Rolex pepsi bezel and not some aftermarket piece with laminated numbers or any kinda junk like that.

Originally Posted by h20skier
Man oh Man you know that thing doesn't look New in the original box don't you
Was it the rust between the case and crystal at 2 o'clock that alerted you?

Old 02-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thanks Amir! i have a trip to the service centre anyway, so i'll ask them to order it
any idea on price whereabouts?

Old 02-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know the price, but here's what it should look like:

Old 02-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
helpful as always Amir, i remember Riley and his reviews
will update

Old 02-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
not really a 'next' watch, but MeanMachine the other day put this idea in my head by talking about the GMTII and now i wish to get the blue/red pepsi bezel
anyone know if it's an easy change to fit it?
any idea on price and availability?

here is my coke gmtii, and i'm thinking a little 'branding' modification can do my pocket some good for the time being
I don't know if you are looking for opinions but I think that red/black/red piece looks great. I think adding blue cheapens it some. I don't know any of the heritage. I'm just telling you that and the Black faced Daytona I've seen Labrit wear a few times are good looking faces.

Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Was it the rust between the case and crystal at 2 o'clock that alerted you?
Let's just say I've got a pretty keen eye my friend.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by h20skier
I don't know if you are looking for opinions but I think that red/black/red piece looks great. I think adding blue cheapens it some. I don't know any of the heritage. I'm just telling you that and the Black faced Daytona I've seen Labrit wear a few times are good looking faces.
of course bro, all opinions and feedback is more than welcome this is what we're all here for
i LOVE my black/red dial, and i actually prefer it to the blue/red setup .. however, having had the watch for four (i think) years, i think this will add variety and soothe my inclination to get a whole new watch for the time being (or so i hope!) if the AD does not quote me a ridiculous price for it

here it is in action

Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Rolex Fanboy
I totally get the switching it up. Just like the red/black tons more.

Opinion guys
ROO Safari (so far the only ROO I thought would fit in my group) Brown strap with off white face seems cool to me.
or
Frank Mueller (50% less expensive) but I found a cool all black with a purple/silver face that has caught my eye now twice.

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Your next watch