Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Get the Panerai, then the Omega. You might as well do it right, and not waste your time on a Tag.

And I would buy your watches off of the grey market or through an AD here in the US. Prices overseas in my experience are higher, and they discount less.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:57 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Going to get one of these.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
E. I like the PO best. In case you didn't know, the new deep sea sea dweller is 44mm
Its actually 43mm and almost as thick. More on the "utilitarian" side as opposed to dressy. Rolex did increase the size of the Explorer to from 40 to 42mm for this year.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
Its actually 43mm and almost as thick. More on the "utilitarian" side as opposed to dressy. Rolex did increase the size of the Explorer to from 40 to 42mm for this year.
Sometimes I see watches listed all over the place as far as size, depending on source. For the new model, from rolex.com: 44mm. I agree, it is definitely thick and bulky, too much to be a dressy divers IMO.

Name:  A.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  68.2 KB

Last edited by TeutonicCarFan; 04-22-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 65°V12
Going to get one of these.
Great watch!!!! Try to go for the Ti ...

Old 04-22-2011, 11:01 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
Great watch!!!! Try to go for the Ti ...
I really like them, especially with the carbon fiber face. I'm also thinking about another Tag.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:56 AM
Banned
Yeah, the new Deep Sea is definitely 44 mm. The first 2 years were 43, and either Rolex decided to bump it up a mm or just changed it to 44 mm in their description. Either way, it is a hunk of steel. The Planet Ocean isn't nearly as thick, and could definitely be worn as a dress watch.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:59 AM
Teamspeed Member
Majki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond reputeMajki has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
Get the Panerai, then the Omega. You might as well do it right, and not waste your time on a Tag.

And I would buy your watches off of the grey market or through an AD here in the US. Prices overseas in my experience are higher, and they discount less.
I like the Panerai most, because only a few people know, what brand this is and how much it cost and I adore their brown leather and black rubber strap(i am a student) . Big discount can not be problem I think.
But on the other hand, Omega has this classic look. What about chopard grand turismo xl?

Why not a Tag?

Last edited by Majki; 04-23-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
great choice i got one for my bday last month
i agree with Gray
go for the Ti version (on bracelet)
but of course buy what is more comfy on your wrist in the end

E, my vote goes to the Omega based solely on aesthetics
and i also think it is more toned down and can work as a dressy watch AND its colours are definitely daily material

Old 04-23-2011, 04:53 AM
Banned
I am not a big fan of Tags, mostly because I think that they are poorly constructed. I have known quite a few people that have had hands fall off, movements just stop working, etc., so I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. If you want a great watch go with a Panerai, Omega, or a Rolex (not necessarily in that order). All are very well made, and will take a beating and keep going. Of course, all of this is just my $0.02, and should be taken as opinion, and not fact.

Quick Reply: Your next watch