Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Optics help/ ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond repute
Eotechs are great. You might consider the 512 that uses AA batteries rather than the 511 which uses N. It's a bit longer but it's undercut forward so it can still be mounted forward enough to allow a BUIS to go behind it on a standard top rail.
If you're looking at possibly adding more such as a maginfier, look at the Eotech 517. It has the buttons on the left side for easier access and the mount raises it 7mm so it can be mounted farther forward over the handguard.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Coming Soon
Hossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR
Did yours come with no front site, or that dinky flip up one?
My SWAT has the dinky flip up one.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Heh, at least at the ripoff price for CA, I got both the holo and the regular sights.

And I still have to wait 8 more days to pick it up.

I need to move to a free state like TX.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:11 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
SMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond reputeSMOKEYBEAR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
Heh, at least at the ripoff price for CA, I got both the holo and the regular sights.

And I still have to wait 8 more days to pick it up.

I need to move to a free state like TX.
If everything I read is true you'll be taking those off. The Sig front sight is not compatible to any "aftermarket" rear sights because of it's short height.. After reading some comments about the sig holo, I'm glad I bought a stripped down version. Of course peoples opinions are like .....

Read here for yourself. You have to sign up to get into the forums.
SIG 556 :: Index