Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

New rifle input

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Your hands go on the handguard, not the barrel.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Overtaker
Your hands go on the handguard, not the barrel.
Really?

Are you sure?

Old 02-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
I thought I was but now I'm doubting myself.

I think I did see mall-ninja manual of arms that requires you to touch the barrel during the operation of the SCAR.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond repute
^ That 556 Pistol with stock and suppressor from Stuka's thread has been in my dreams for the past few days now.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Overtaker
I thought I was but now I'm doubting myself.

I think I did see mall-ninja manual of arms that requires you to touch the barrel during the operation of the SCAR.
Ive checked my mall ninja manual. Its says im supposed to rest the bare barrel on my forearm to keep the temp down

Old 02-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ohh look you can hide 2" of barrel for $120

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
The SCAR is a finicky beast. You can't just chop the barrel since each gas block is tuned to each barrel. So I have to find an OEM SCAR-L barrel in the length I want (10"). Good luck there... fortunately for me, I may have found a source, but it'll be about $1K. If I can get one, I'll do the suppressor stamp as well.
$1,000 for a barrel???

Consider this for $125 instead. All you have to do is use a hand reamer to open up the gas port a little bit until it cycles.
"Just a heads up that I ran an additional 150 rds. of surplus M193 thru my SCAR CQC today and it ran like a sewing machine with no malfunctions and bolt locked back on every spent magazine. Accuracy wise, I was consistently smashing 4" clays at 100 yds using my 4X Spectre DR. All in all I amvery happy with the project. I'll keep reporting back as I get more rounds through it."

And the reason you can't have an FN 10" barrel is that federal law prohibits the importation of barrels as a stand alone part. FN manufactures their barrels in Belgium and none in the U.S.

Last edited by Overtaker; 02-08-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Good thing I have friends that had "spares"...