Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

First Rifle

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
First Rifle

I have a dilemma.

Ruger 10/22

Ruger Mini-14

Smith & Wesson MP15-22

All 3 are around $400-$600. All are .22lr.

semi-auto, blah blah blah.

If you don't want to read my reasonings skip this part, I can get wordy.

If I had infinite funds and skill I would just buy a HK MR762 rather than starting with the S&W .22. I would also get a left hand action R700 in .408 as well. I love the geekiness of that round. I run into that no one makes one... but whatever...

I like the conventional magazine of the Mini-14, but the 10/22 looks a little bit simpler, and a little more optics ready. And I like optics, I enjoy a good look at the groupings of glass in lens patents...

I am getting .22lr because its cheap and I don't hunt. Firearms are fascinating to me though, and the challenge of target shooting for me is enticing. I am sure I will step up to larger calibers eventually.

It's such a difficult choice.

And I don't want to immediately regret this decision.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Get the one that can kill the most zombies in the least amount of time.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Just get the 10/22 - it's reliable, accurate, fun, cheap. You can mod the crap out of it too.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
My bro just bought the S&W model, and is all excited. Seemed very plasticky and cheap honestly. I would get the 10/22 ruger, like Chris said. Ive had one for years, its my chipmuck slayer...

Old 12-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Montana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond repute
10/22.

You can spend nothing on it, or spend $5K on it.

Either way it will work forever and fire anything you throw at it.

When you are ready to move up, buy the AR15 style, but in .223 obviously...

Old 12-10-2010, 04:03 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
i suggest blaser r93 lrs2

Old 12-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Montana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond repute
whats the first cheap scope on there? I see you now have a Nightforce?

First pic also has the Harris BR bipod, second pic has much better feet. For the larger rifles, a solid, flat stable platform is far better.

Slight different to a 10/22 tho no?

Old 12-10-2010, 05:20 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
slightly

i love that elkan digital hunter scope they had in that predator film personally.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jeg bemærkede lige dit danske, kan du ikke have så rart rifler!

Old 12-10-2010, 05:26 PM
FIGJAM
jeg bor i Texas, jeg kan have noget jeg venligst

Quick Reply: First Rifle