Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

New rifle input

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
The SCAR certainly looks odd (I wasn't a fan of the looks), but it feels RIGHT. That stock has an adjustable comb, so you can pop it up if you're using a scope (or ACOG). It folds to the right, so the overall length is shorter than an equivalent M4, plus the locking hardware is all metal (the hinge and lock), so it's very robust. I still wouldn't go around bashing dudes in the face with it, but even if I did and it broke, it'd still function, unlike an M4.
But its so damn ugly.... lol

Old 02-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Curvejunkie
I saw it listed as a handgun, so i would imagine its ok?

Be even better to put a folding stock on it....

Bullet button plus 10 round mag done while outside of CA, then you can ship to CA FFL and DROS it.

Purchased in CA it has to first be DROS as a single shot, pain in the ass.

And no stock whatsoever in CA, no one will sign your tax stamp form, and it becomes an SBR, which CA does not allow.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Your opinion of the SCAR will change the second you pick one up and check it out. Everything suddenly makes sense. That's the reason I bought that one...

Old 02-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
I think SCAR's look great personally

Old 02-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
And no stock whatsoever in CA, no one will sign your tax stamp form, and it becomes an SBR, which CA does not allow.
Corporation/trust FTW. Evidently ATF is actually trying to get rid of the CLEO sign-off, and instead ATF will just forward them a copy of the papers after it's done.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Your opinion of the SCAR will change the second you pick one up and check it out. Everything suddenly makes sense. That's the reason I bought that one...

I admit, I havent held one before, so I am going just off of looks....

Old 02-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ok, had a chance to see the SCAR over the weekend, when I was picking up the wifes guns.

Over all I thought it was a great gun, seemed much heavier than an AR equiped the same. Much more solid feel to it than a AR though. How do you get around the bare barrel though? The guy at the gun shop (it was his personal rifle) says that the barrel gets hotter than shit after three magazines? It was the same rifle as this, but without the suppressor of course...

Old 02-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Heavier? The first thing I though when I picked up the SCAR was, "My God this thing is LIGHT!"

I don't know what to tell you about barrels heating up, etc. It's not a machine gun - it's not meant to be fired non-stop for hours and hours. At 50 rounds per minute (which is a quick rate), it doesn't heat up that much. I'm not worried about the barrel melting or anything. Did he have a short barrel on it? Shorter barrel = more unburnt powder = hotter. Not sure...

Old 02-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to all
Never hurts to get an AK, especially the 5.45. Cheap to shoot, low recoil and fun as hell. I don't know if its legal in CA or not but here in CT it can't have a bayonet lug and the stock can't move. I'm considering buying one from Arsenal as they make some of the finest AK's.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Heavier? The first thing I though when I picked up the SCAR was, "My God this thing is LIGHT!"

I don't know what to tell you about barrels heating up, etc. It's not a machine gun - it's not meant to be fired non-stop for hours and hours. At 50 rounds per minute (which is a quick rate), it doesn't heat up that much. I'm not worried about the barrel melting or anything. Did he have a short barrel on it? Shorter barrel = more unburnt powder = hotter. Not sure...
Just from my limited experience, it felt heavier in the front end than a M4. When i asked them about the exposed barrel, he just said that after three magazines, it was way beyond touching it. It didnt look like a shorty of any kind, since I am in cali... it has to be 6' long. LOL

But I see your point about the buttstock vs a M4. You could definately whack the bad guy in the head with a SCAR stock and not worry bout busting it off!

Quick Reply: New rifle input