Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Anyone here planning to buy a Lexus LFA???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mbolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
I will put my name down on the list just as soon as I am done clubbing my penis with this hammer I have here.
So basically you're saying Lexus-owners both are and have tools?

Old 02-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie
Only a poor soul whose grasp of reality has been so destroyed by being repeatedly kicked in the head by a mule while simultaneously being violated by Jox would even consider buying this car.
When are you expecting delivery?

Old 02-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by strebo
When are you expecting delivery?
Funny!!!!

Old 02-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Tommy: Have you actually called any Lexus dealers and inquired into the possibility of obtaining an LFA?

Old 02-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
Tommy: Have you actually called any Lexus dealers and inquired into the possibility of obtaining an LFA?
The car doesn't have initial appeal. I'm also someone who listens to the opinion of other exotic owners so I try and keep an open mind. Looking at it broadly, it doesn't have the number's I'd expect for $375k, I don't care for the looks, too "Lexus-like" to me, and at the end of the day it's still a Lexus. Still, I'm waiting to see if it wows anyone who's familiar with exotics and can truly compare the car. I don't really trust the magazines as none want to piss off Lexus and most of the authors are not exotic owners and while they may rave about a car, that's a far cry from pulling out the checkbook and actually saying this is what they want in their garage. I originally got suspicious when Lexus claimed that there was strong enough demand that THEY could pick the buyers. I say bullshit on that one. If Lexus is in such a strong position, they can find me. I own an LS460L and have owned four other Lexus so I'm not down on the brand.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
^ No, I realize that you don't actually want to buy one (who would?). What I was getting at was whether as part of your investigation into whether anyone actually wanted to purchase an LFA you contacted a Lexus dealer to see if they are actually available of if the stories of the LFA being all spoken for are BS. Seems to me that the best place to go is to the source - Lexus.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
^ No, I realize that you don't actually want to buy one (who would?). What I was getting at was whether as part of your investigation into whether anyone actually wanted to purchase an LFA you contacted a Lexus dealer to see if they are actually available of if the stories of the LFA being all spoken for are BS. Seems to me that the best place to go is to the source - Lexus.

+1, sound advice

Originally Posted by TommyJames
The car doesn't have initial appeal. I'm also someone who listens to the opinion of other exotic owners so I try and keep an open mind. Looking at it broadly, it doesn't have the number's I'd expect for $375k, I don't care for the looks, too "Lexus-like" to me, and at the end of the day it's still a Lexus. Still, I'm waiting to see if it wows anyone who's familiar with exotics and can truly compare the car. I don't really trust the magazines as none want to piss off Lexus and most of the authors are not exotic owners and while they may rave about a car, that's a far cry from pulling out the checkbook and actually saying this is what they want in their garage. I originally got suspicious when Lexus claimed that there was strong enough demand that THEY could pick the buyers. I say bullshit on that one. If Lexus is in such a strong position, they can find me. I own an LS460L and have owned four other Lexus so I'm not down on the brand.
OBVIOUSLY! who would wake up in the morning and drive an LFA if they have an SV?

Old 02-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yes, I asked me dealer the status, spoke with the guy who sold me my LS460L. He cc'd me on an e-mail to someone much higher up (don't recall the position) and I never heard a word. Apparently I'm not "qualified" either. Who knows. I didn't pursue it further because so far I can't find enough excitement anywhere to cause me to take a deeper look. I didn't warm up to the Murcielago at first either. I like to be given a compelling reason to buy something and with the LFA, it's not there for me yet.

As someone posted, they consider Seattle to be a "secondary" market even though we have one of the largest car communities around. We have nine Scuds, about a dozen Murcielagos and even more Gallardos, F40s, F50s, 430s, Enzos, etc., yet nobody I know has been contacted by anyone either.

For now, I'd just like to read some actual buzz from prospective buyers. I can't find any.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
We had the opportunity to obtain one LFA for lease. We passed. We have a fairly large dealership but have zero interest by customers. Considering we have sold 3 CGT's and a handfull of R8 v8 & v10's there is local money but no local interest.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Can you elaborate? You're a new car dealer here in the US? I'm not sure I understand the "we" part, was it the dealership that sold the other cars? If you're a Lexus dealer, I thought you couldn't sell other brands at the same location or are you talking about a multi dealership company? Also, was the lease for an end customer or the owner of the dealership?

Quick Reply: Anyone here planning to buy a Lexus LFA???