Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Anyone here planning to buy a Lexus LFA???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyJames
Yea, I've posed the question on multiple forums and so far not one person has stepped forward saying they are buying the car. I'm wondering what's in their heads, if they are seriously thinking it's just a matter of time and they will pick all the buyers, or if someone at Lexus is sitting in their office somewhere nervously biting their nails afraid to tell senior management that they have the biggest flop this side of the Vector.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:39 PM
ExO
Teamspeed Member
ExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura about
Looks good, great sound. But after that what do you have ? Lexus has no image at all especially in Europe. You guys told about Japanese chauvinism but yeah Lexus is ... an american branche of Toyota. I haven't seen that much Lexus in Japan ... Some IS-F but very few ...

I think as a second hand car it's going to be a good deal since I believe price is going to decline. fast.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Lexus+Enthusiast= Oxymoron.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:11 PM
ExO
Teamspeed Member
ExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura about
Heard from a friend that IS-F is fun to drive on tracks. (he owns one)

Nothing compared to the boring LS or things like that I imagine. That might even be the second problem for the LF-A. It's not even a real Lexus ...

Old 02-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ExO
Heard from a friend that IS-F is fun to drive on tracks. (he owns one)

Nothing compared to the boring LS or things like that I imagine. That might even be the second problem for the LF-A. It's not even a real Lexus ...
Huh? What does that mean?

Minus the LS series, it doesnt produce ANY of it's own cars.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Only a poor soul whose grasp of reality has been so destroyed by being repeatedly kicked in the head by a mule while simultaneously being violated by Jox would even consider buying this car.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:28 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I will put my name down on the list just as soon as I am done clubbing my penis with this hammer I have here.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
From what my Lexus GM says Lexus will only be leasing these cars on one year terms. Only to be leasing when approved by a special LFA team.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
I will put my name down on the list just as soon as I am done clubbing my penis with this hammer I have here.
Ouch! Please don't!

Old 02-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by erazer72
From what my Lexus GM says Lexus will only be leasing these cars on one year terms. Only to be leasing when approved by a special LFA team.
I've heard that. This was to keep the speculators away. There are no speculators in the first place. They really think there is going to be this giant wave of buyers which allows them to set the terms of their cars. I think the real reason they are leasing cars is because they know they have a turd on their hands and don't want to see it drop in value like a stone. Their only option is to then control the resale price. I'm drawing these conclusions because of the negative comments I see online and how few have expressed serious interest on the forums. Where is that guy who's standing up and says they have experience in X and are stepping up to buy an LFA? I'm a Lexus owner so I have no gripe with the company other than I don't believe at all for a moment they have enough buyers in the first place or they would be posting something somewhere. If you want an interesting exercise, go to the Lexus forum and read who's a big fan. It's people who don't have plans to buy, and have no experience with exotics. If they have time to give non-buyers demo rides in a $375k car I think it's safe to conclude there is a lack of interest. I think the LFA is going to be a giant flop. I'm happy to be corrected if someone can point somewhere where these buyers actually exist outside of a few in Japan.

Quick Reply: Anyone here planning to buy a Lexus LFA???