Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Well, it's never been about what you look like, but how you can perform. Some guys are just efficient in their movement and can get away with a little more BF. (Mark Hunt was another guy like this) But imagine that same efficiency in a guy with just say 15% BF instead of 30%. He'd wreck people, but steadfastly refuses to lose the gut. He's not really interested in being a champion I think.

Originally Posted by Super D
Guy's freakin' talented. Surprises the heck out of me. All these guys with 6-packs and definition, massive muscles, he just hammers them. He's got endurance, quickness, sick ground game, hits like a wrecking ball, just a very rare guy. Can't for the life of me figure out how he does what he does, but that's Big Country.

Too bad this isn't back in time, he'd be a perfect guest on Super Fans.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Well, it's never been about what you look like, but how you can perform. Some guys are just efficient in their movement and can get away with a little more BF....
Yep, used to watch Mark a in the past. In his case, I think he's big because he's Samoan. They can't help but be massive. I used to do some work for Junior Seau a long time ago, and the dude was BIG. If he didn't train hard for NFL, he'd be a monster.

Funny thing about Fedor too was the lack of definition, yet he had endurance, precision and don't-blink speed in those hands. Dana White and other guys said when he lost to Fabricio "see, I told you, he was never really as good as everyone made him out to be". Bullsh*t. He was the best during his prime. And he didn't look like a fighter, he looked like someone who'd come fix your air conditioning or deliver water bottles.

Big Country though, he's carrying a lot of fat, so it's pretty surprising how much endurance he has. Plus, he's pretty agile with his jits as well, on par w/LHW guys I'd say. If he was just a brawler, he'd just be another Tank Abbott and that limited style can't cut it now.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Super D
Big Country though, he's carrying a lot of fat, so it's pretty surprising how much endurance he has. Plus, he's pretty agile with his jits as well, on par w/LHW guys I'd say. If he was just a brawler, he'd just be another Tank Abbott and that limited style can't cut it now.
Thats what kills me abou the guy. He obviously puts in his time on the mats, stand up and the rest of the skill work. He does conditioning work as well. So why does he show discipline in every other aspect of his game EXCEPT diet. It's just bizarre.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Old 02-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Old 02-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Thats what kills me abou the guy. He obviously puts in his time on the mats, stand up and the rest of the skill work. He does conditioning work as well. So why does he show discipline in every other aspect of his game EXCEPT diet. It's just bizarre.
It is actually, isn't it? I would think that would play with your head, knowing you have extra physical detriments working against you, and that alone should be enough to get after it.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Old 02-05-2012, 01:19 AM
Diaz with the post-fight comments...Ugh. What a b*tch. Don't leave it to the judges, and if you do and lose, don't say you're quitting the sport like a complete jackass. This guy is so mentally screwed up, if he wasn't in the fight game and so dedicated to it, I have to imagine he'd be behind bars or dead. I'm not saying he deserves to be, he's just so emotionally unstable, I could easily see him ruining his life.

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!