Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Haha, it's turning into the WWE. Next thing you know Cesar will jump into the cage and hit Condit with a folding chair. (Maybe not far from the truth, the guy once got pissed at me for beating him at a video game with cheap tactics. Thought he was gonna kick my ass)

I'm a little disappointed that Condit isn't interested in a rematch. It's gonna be a while before GSP is ready and both have time for a full camp.

Originally Posted by Super D
This is part of what makes it fun, though, right?

I like hearing all the different POV's, the coaches opposing each other, this is good stuff! I like the good guys and bad guys, the accusations, the gamesmanship, all of it.

Diaz should come back and keep spewing his emotional crap, beat people up, get into wars with good guys, the coaches should yell at each other, love it. I'm just bored I guess...

Old 02-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Haha, it's turning into the WWE. Next thing you know Cesar will jump into the cage and hit Condit with a folding chair. (Maybe not far from the truth, the guy once got pissed at me for beating him at a video game with cheap tactics. Thought he was gonna kick my ass)

I'm a little disappointed that Condit isn't interested in a rematch. It's gonna be a while before GSP is ready and both have time for a full camp.
Caesar or Nick got pissed at you? Either way, pretty funny.

I think Condit's mgr Malkikawa doesn't want to risk another fight w/Diaz before he gets a big payday with a Condit/GSP super-hyped-up bout. Smart business-wise.

I also think now that Condit's had success in frustrating Diaz, if/when he does have a rematch, the confidence will allow him to be his usual aggressive self, stay in the pocket more and take more chances. Jackson had him picking at Diaz, but I'm betting if a second bout comes, it'll be more of a brawl.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Cesar, he was doing a seminar in oregon way back in the day. During a break there was some fighting game and my brothers and I were playing him. I had some ninja dude and was keeping him at distance with throwing stars. When he got close I did some little jab kick and then resume throwing stars at him. He said, "bullshit!", smacked the buttons and walked off pissed. I basically Conditted him.

Just found this on the funny picture thread:

Old 02-07-2012, 05:24 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ha! I beat McRae tosome UFC news. Looks like this is gonna get settled:

Condit accepts rematch with Diaz - MMA News

At UFC 143 on Saturday, Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit fought five rounds for the UFC Interim Welterweight title, with Condit winning the unanimous decision. The outcome was controversial, with Diaz, along with many fans, fighters, and media members feeling that his constant forward pressure was enough to win a clear decision.

At the post-fight press conference, UFC President Dana White said he was open to the possibility of a rematch, but made it clear that both parties had to be eager to fight. As Diaz was so maddened by the decision that he announced his retirement immediately post-bout in the Octagon, and because yesterday Condit's camp indicated they were not interested, there was little hope that the rematch would be made.

However, sources close to the deal just confirmed with The Underground that Carlos Condit has accepted a rematch with Nick Diaz, with the UFC Interim Welterweight title again on the line.

Condit said 'Yes, I accept the rematch' and will be in Las Vegas on Friday to finalize the deal.

The winner will presumably face GSP for the Unified Welterweight title, when the Canadian recovers fully from knee surgery, which is expected to be around November.

It's unclear at this time as to when the rematch will take place, but it looks like the fans have got what they asked for.

*Update: UFC President has since confirmed this story via his Twitter: @justScrap85 @carloscondit @malkikawa the rumor is true. Carlos did accept the fight today and Carlos is coming on Friday not thur.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:52 PM
^^^

Even after the fight that night Dana was cool with that idea...i bet all along that was the plan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MrwP...8cFUAAAAAAADAA

Last edited by McRae; 02-08-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:22 PM
anddddddddddddddddddddddd just like that Diaz vs Condit 2 is off...

Carlos Condit vs. Nick Diaz II already a no-go, says Cesar Gracie | MMAjunkie.com

Old 02-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Yeah, I saw that. I have no clue why they wouldn't immediately accept.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:17 PM
to hype it up even more...kinda feels like some undeeded drama imo...just take the fvking fight...make another million and then fight gsp in Nov!

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!