Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XKR vs 911?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I was hoping I wouldn't run into any age bias, but no hard feelings - I probably provided a horribly wrong context and came off as very unstable. I guess that's what's been hinted at more

My question has been answered a bit though, thanks!

Old 03-13-2011, 05:22 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh jeeez, are you buying a Jaguar or Porsche? I did not mean to offend.

Last edited by Brobbins016; 03-13-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Well, I do at least like a portion of the above post!
If I got you angry, I am sorry - I am sure you're a nice guy, so hopefully we can both not get angry at each other over the internet.

But I am here to stay, because I do enjoy reading about cars.

Last edited by D.Liu; 03-13-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D.Liu
Well, I do at least like a portion of the above post!
If I got you angry, I am sorry - I am sure you're a nice guy, so hopefully we can both not get angry at each other over the internet.

But I am here to stay, because I do enjoy reading about cars.
Not angry, annoyed. This is an annoying question, even if a 50-yr old asked it. If you know ANYTHING about an XKR and a 911, you'd know they share nothing in common short of two real seats and two fake backseats. That's it. The XKR is a big, comfy, fast cruiser. The 911 is a sports car. If you asked me about an XKR vs. M6 vs. SL63, then that's legitimate. Hell, even asking XKR vs. Aston Vantage is more legit than XKR vs. 911.

Most folks I know that have 911s (myself included) would never cross-shop XKRs. It's just not on the same radar...

That said, I do think it's absolutely ridiculous for kids under 21 to have any car with more than 200 or so HP. It's not an ageist thing, so get over it. It's a realistic thing - driving is a serious commitment that requires maturity, discipline, and good judgement. I was 16 once - I know that doesn't happen until about 25 or so. When you're my age, you'll be repeating the same thing to some kid spouting off about his Mercedes landspeeder.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
I am 28 and purchased my first Porsche this year! Dot sell yourself short...do well in school and everything that you so of course...find a occupation you like that pays well and the rest will sort itself out...the only boundaries you have will be created by you.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yes - I knew nothing, and that was why I asked. I wouldn't ask if I already knew the answer. No, I won't be needing to "get over" anything because I am not angry - I ask you please, do not anger yourself either.

Yes of course, I do work very hard in school.

Lastly, on the way home from school I saw a person from the baseball team I know doesn't work hard climb into his brand new 750Li - I somewhat see where you guys are coming from.

There is no need to worry - just assume my parents will not be buying me either car. Just a clueless guy wanting a comparison.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
If you are genuinely unfamiliar with the cars, read up. There is a ton of stuff all over the internet. Do you have GT5? If so, drive the RUF and drive the XKR.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D.Liu
Lastly, on the way home from school I saw a person from the baseball team I know doesn't work hard climb into his brand new 750Li - I somewhat see where you guys are coming from.
Baseball players don't work hard???!!!

What planet are you from!!?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
for some reason im starting to not mind this guy

Old 03-14-2011, 11:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
^That's cute....