Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Rosberg presented with Lorenzo Bandini Trophy

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 09:45 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Rosberg presented with Lorenzo Bandini Trophy

Rosberg presented with Lorenzo Bandini Trophy - GPUpdate.net

Nico Rosberg has been handed the prestigious Lorenzo Bandini Trophy, having been announced as its winner in March. Originated in 1992, 25 years after the Italian Ferrari driver lost his life in the 1967 Monaco Grand Prix, the prize was won by Robert Kubica, Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton in 2008, 2009 and 2010 respectively.

“It’s a great honour to be awarded the Bandini Trophy,” comments the Mercedes GP driver, who has finished on the Formula 1 podium five times. To celebrate, the son of 1982 World Champion Keke drove a DTM car along the streets of Brisighella, Bandini’s home town in the northern Italian Province of Ravenna.

“It’s not just awarded for achievements on the race track, but also a driver’s mentality and approach to the sport, which gives it extra meaning. I had great fun driving the DTM car on the open roads. There was just one police car in front of me and traffic coming from the other direction, which the police had to clear out of the way.

“It was an incredible sight – and especially because there were spectators lining the route all the way. The Italian people have an incredible enthusiasm and passion for motor sport. The trophy itself is fantastic, like a piece of art. It’s very, very heavy – I nearly had to interrupt the photo calls because I couldn’t hold it any more!”