Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Robert Kubica reported injured in rally accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 11:50 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Kubica career depends on hand recovery, stresses Coulthard

captain obvious to the rescue

Kubica career depends on hand recovery, stresses Coulthard - GPUpdate.net

David Coulthard has emphasised the importance for Robert Kubica to regain feeling in his right hand, which was partially severed in a freak rally accident on Sunday which saw a metal crash barrier penetrate the Skoda Fabia rally car the Pole was driving, severely injuring the 26-year-old Lotus Renault GP driver in the process.

13-time Formula 1 race winner Coulthard spent two full seasons racing alongside Kubica and stood alongside the then BMW driver - in winning his only Grand Prix to date in Canada three years ago – as the Scot marked his final career podium result.

“Robert Kubica is an extremely talented driver and one of the most likeable and respected guys in the paddock, so I hope he makes a successful return to Formula 1,” television pundit Coulthard explained in a column for BBC Sport. “When that happens is not yet certain but the injury to his right hand is severe.

“Hand grip and lower-arm strength are very important in a Grand Prix car because your body is strapped very firmly into the chassis.

“The real skill of the driver is in how delicate he can be with his feet and how precise and reactive he can be with his hands.

“I don't know specifically what injuries Robert has suffered but as an absolute minimum he needs to be able to have the motor skills and strength to grip the steering wheel at high loads - cornering forces in a Grand Prix car are up to 5G - and make the fine adjustments needed to control it.”

Old 02-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bdeitemeyer
Rumors that Renault may be thinking of turning to Kimi now...wouldn't that be interesting?
Will. Never. Happen.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:54 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smy266
Will. Never. Happen.
never say never, this is F1 after all.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Renault and Kimi already had a huge feud when they say they were in talks with him a couple of months ago.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I never thought Schumacher would come back.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:17 PM
FIGJAM
Renault and Kimi already had a huge feud when they say they were in talks with him a couple of months ago.
cmon dude, be serious.

renault supplies red bull with engines and kimi is driving for red bull right now, they have direct links to be able to discuss the matter. there is a real possibility it could happen. imo, as long as robert continues to recover successfully this could be the best possible outcome as far as driver lineup goes for the team.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:20 PM
FIGJAM
Kubica set for two more operations

Kubica set for two more operations - GPUpdate.net

Lotus Renault GP has released a Tuesday afternoon update on the condition of Robert Kubica, who will be remaining in Italy’s Santa Corona Hospital for up to three weeks as two more operations take place following initial seven-hour surgery after his freak rally car accident on Sunday morning.

Lotus Renault GP’s Tuesday afternoon statement reads as follows:

‘Today, Robert’s general condition has once again improved. According to the doctors, the levels of inflammation are in the norm considering his medical condition, and the recovery of his forearm remains encouraging.

Yesterday, Robert was able to talk to his doctors and relatives. His medication makes him sleep quite a lot, but he is responding to all external stimulation. He has reacted well to the news about his condition and is ready to fight for his comeback.

On Thursday, Robert should undergo some more surgery in order to stabilise the fractures to his right shoulder and right foot. Three or four days later, another operation will allow his elbow fracture to be stabilised as well.

Robert will remain at the Santa Corona Hospital for two to three weeks. A decision will then be taken about where he should go in order to continue his rehabilitation.’

Old 02-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by IIVVX
cmon dude, be serious.

renault supplies red bull with engines and kimi is driving for red bull right now, they have direct links to be able to discuss the matter. there is a real possibility it could happen. imo, as long as robert continues to recover successfully this could be the best possible outcome as far as driver lineup goes for the team.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't drive for Red Bull anymore. He has his own team now that he invested money in. If he does come back you can tell me you told me so, but I honestly doubt it will ever happen. He hates the politics and just does not have a desire to drive in F1 again.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:10 PM
FIGJAM
I'm pretty sure he doesn't drive for Red Bull anymore. He has his own team now that he invested money in. If he does come back you can tell me you told me so, but I honestly doubt it will ever happen. He hates the politics and just does not have a desire to drive in F1 again.
didn't realize you guys were cool like that.

he drives for himself now (team Ice 1 ), and i applaud his WRC efforts but if he continues to have trouble coming to grips with that discipline you could very well see him back in a sport he knows he can be successful in. i have no desire to tell you "i told you so", im just saying that stranger things have happened in F1 (schumi anyone?) so don't be shocked if someone unexpected fills that seat.

that being said, as i have stated many times on here (well, before you arrived so you'll have to take my word for it) kimi is the kind of driver F1 needs. too many automatons in the sport these days, guys with character are few and far between. if kimi had a dash more charisma everyone would love him, his lack of interview skills seem to put people off but i think he's hilarious.

and lets not forget hes a proper talent behind the wheel, mega when he wants to be.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by IIVVX
that being said, as i have stated many times on here (well, before you arrived so you'll have to take my word for it) kimi is the kind of driver F1 needs. too many automatons in the sport these days, guys with character are few and far between. if kimi had a dash more charisma everyone would love him, his lack of interview skills seem to put people off but i think he's hilarious.

and lets not forget hes a proper talent behind the wheel, mega when he wants to be.
I definitely agree with you. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Kimi back in F1 just as much as you and everyone else. I wasn't a big fan of him when I first started watching, but he quickly became one of my favorite drivers. I was devastated when he left. Let's hope he will come back. I just can't see it anymore.

Quick Reply: Robert Kubica reported injured in rally accident