Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

24 Hours of Le Mans Official Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Weather Report as of 8:03 am Local Time Le Mans:
9am - 60% chance of rain
10am - 60%
11am - 60%
12pm - 20%
1pm - 20%
2pm - 20%
3pm - 20%

Check it out and refresh at weather.com:
Hourly Weather Forecast for Le Mans, France - weather.com

Old 06-14-2009, 02:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Alright guys, I'm out. I'm going to get some rest so I can wake up early to watch the finish.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
A lot of these drivers are looking absolutely spent. More so than I remember from the last few years. Even the Speed commentators sound like they're exhausted.

Old 06-14-2009, 04:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Now the IMSA Matmut RSR is out of the running in GT2 as well. No good for a Porsche guy.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Corvette battle is very entertaining and Peugeot is looking set to take it, but which one?

Old 06-14-2009, 06:31 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
Corvette battle is very entertaining and Peugeot is looking set to take it, but which one?
it was a good little battle but fresh tyres are usually a safe bet

it would be nice to see bourdais take it, it's literally his home race and his F1 season hasn't had many high points.

surprised the audi guys had so many errors, although their lack of pace made the result fairly clear early on as long as the weather cooperated with Peugeot

i think we are the only ones that have been up all night watching, this has been a tradition of mine since before i could walk

Old 06-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by IIVVX
i think we are the only ones that have been up all night watching, this has been a tradition of mine since before i could walk
Its been a tradition of mine since I was in high school. Speed has only been showing 8+ hrs of coverage for the last ten years or so (that I had access to at least).

As far as the Audi issues, I think its down to the fact that they didn't run the car this year besides Sebring. Yeah, they beat the lions there, but the Peugeot has been perfected primarily for Le Mans over three years.

I'd prefer Bourdais to take the win, but I really like Wurz and Brabham as well.

Last edited by "The JC"; 06-14-2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I wanted an Audi to take LMP1, but I'll settle for Brabham since I like him as an ALMS driver as well.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
^ We'll see, with this caution the two Peugeots may be bunched up with an hour to go. Will team orders play a roll...probably, but lets hope not.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Big congrats to Peugeot and Team Corvette! The interview with the Corvette chief was touching.

Quick Reply: 24 Hours of Le Mans Official Banter Thread