Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

24 Hours of Le Mans Official Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Is there a site with official results?

Old 06-14-2009, 10:48 AM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
Is there a site with official results?
Site officiel des 24 Heures du Mans

Old 06-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
i was here, will post some pics as soon as possible

Old 06-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jiaim
i was here, will post some pics as soon as possible
Lucky!!!!

Old 06-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
What a bad day for Porsche. I hate when the Ferrari's beat us. I wish Aston could have done better also.

Alzilla- what the hell went wrong for them(aston) I didn't get to watch as much as I'd have liked...

Old 06-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
What a bad day for Porsche. I hate when the Ferrari's beat us. I wish Aston could have done better also.

Alzilla- what the hell went wrong for them(aston) I didn't get to watch as much as I'd have liked...
I'm not sure. I was sort of just watching on and off. They had a couple of wrecks and some suspension issues that I know of so maybe that's what ultimately did them in.

Does anyone else think it's a mockery of the race/sport when certain cars slow down to let their team mates catch up or pull into the pits for a couple of minutes just to clean off the car so they can have a photo finish? I thought it was cool, yet complete bullshit that all 3 Peugeots crossed the line at the same time.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
Here is my picture gallery with pics from the race and some nice car spotting like Ferrari california, 599 with HGTE option, a nice LP640, some nice TVR's ....

click on the pic to go to the gallery

Old 06-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I watched about 2 hours of the race late last night - around 1:00 am - 3:00 am.

I saw a couple of pretty severe crashes and much of the time I watched was under the safety car. But when they were racing it was absolutely breath taking.

At one point they interviewed a few of the drivers who had just ended their stint. One was a guy who was driving the Corvette that was in the lead. He looks absolutely dead beat! He said that one of their drivers had gotten sick so he had to drive double stints!

I have never watched much of the 24-hours race. But what I watched last night kind of hooked me. I will be following it religiously from now on!!

Great banter thread guys. I am glad that JC919 thought of it and asked me to sticky the thread!

Old 06-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Does anyone else think it's a mockery of the race/sport when certain cars slow down to let their team mates catch up or pull into the pits for a couple of minutes just to clean off the car so they can have a photo finish? I thought it was cool, yet complete bullshit that all 3 Peugeots crossed the line at the same time.
It's not like it was just Peugeot, Audi and Aston both slowed down to run with their sister cars as well. After 21 hours of green flag racing this was basically a sprint to the end and watching this morning, you could tell that many of the drivers were absolutely spent. Even though I wish the Peugeots had raced until the end, I more than understand why they didn't.

At least Porsche got the LMP2 victory. In that class they were in a league of their own. They would have had a 1-2 in the category if the Navi Team Goh hadn't crashed out with a little more than 2 hours to go. The Astons never had a chance overall, they just couldn't keep the pace of the diesels.

That Risi 430GT is going to be a very expensive collector's car with one Sebring and two Le Mans wins.

At 8:10 this morning I had hit my wall and I just emerged from bed. Going to have trouble getting to bed tonight and my house is pretty trashed. Thanks to everyone for making this an interesting banter thread over the last few weeks. It was an interesting race with a pace and conditions that will be difficult to match in the coming years.

Last edited by "The JC"; 06-14-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
i didnt see any of the race.. but i'm watching highlights on speed right now

Quick Reply: 24 Hours of Le Mans Official Banter Thread