Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

24 Hours of Le Mans Official Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
24 Hours of Le Mans Official Banter Thread

A new addition to the Pit Stop forum for my favorite racing event on the racing calendar. With two weeks to go this thread will serve as a discussion for the build up, scrutneering, and practice for this epic race. I will create another thread later so that we can discuss live coverage as the race gets underway.

I'm looking forward to discussing this year's race with you guys. It is going to be an epic battle this year with both Audi and Peugeot each entering three factory cars while each supporting a customer team. Add to that the three petrol powered entries by Aston Martins and the race is building up to be one of the best in years. Also, one of my favorite categories, GT2 is looking great with almost a dozen Ferraris, a handful of Porsches, and others. In this category my home town team Risi Competizione is campaigning to defend their title from last year. If there are any questions about the event, send them my way. Thanks, JC

Here is a link to my thread on this year's official entry list.
https://teamspeed.com/forums/pit-sto...t-le-mans.html

P.S. I'm going to be in Hong Kong during the week prior to the race, but trust me that won't keep me from paying very close attention to this thread.

Attached Images  

Last edited by "The JC"; 05-30-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
I think Aston Martin has a good chance.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
The most epic race car evar. My favorite - this car is so amazing. BTW - Am I the only TS'er that owns every Flying Lizard T-shirt they've came out with?

Last edited by MiniD; 05-30-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
^^I think you may be the only one. I only have a single Flying Lizard Shirt.^^

Old 05-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Oh snap, I should do a group shot. In fact I got another one in the mail yesterday.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
This is going to be great! I love expanding the Pit Stop like this!!

STICKY!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 06:24 PM
QTC
Teamspeed Member
QTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to all
150 miles to my city, but I can't, I have my final exam

And I could have a VIP pass

So place to the race, I think Peugeot win this year, but for Aston Martin I have some doubt

Old 06-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Old 06-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Peugeot confirms Le Mans line-ups

By Steven English Wednesday, June 3rd 2009, 14:28 GMT

Peugeot has confirmed its driver line-up ahead of its bid to win the Le Mans 24 Hours on June 13-14.

Nicolas Minassian, Pedro Lamy and Christian Klien will team up together for the first time in the #7 car, having been part of three different crews in last year's race.

Stephane Sarrazin and Sebastien Bourdais will be reunited in the #8 car, following their second place finish in 2007, and will be joined by Franck Montagny.

Meanwhile, Marc Gene will be partnered with team newcomers David Brabham and Alexander Wurz in the #9 machine, as he was in the Le Mans Series race at Spa last month.

The French manufacturer is bidding to win the event at the third attempt with its 908 HDi after finishing runner-up to Audi's R10 TDi for the last two years.

Peugeot Sport technical director Bruno Famin explained the changes the team has had to make ahead of this year's race.

"The ACO's measures mean a drop in engine power because our car must run with a smaller air restrictor, the diameter of which has come down from 39.9mm to 38.3mm," he said.

"We have paid special attention to aerodynamics too. The regulations dictate a smaller rear wing, the width of which has come down from 2 to 1.6 metres. We have consequently had to revise the overall package in order to rebalance the car by reducing front downforce. This explains the new front-end bodywork we will be running for the first time at Le Mans.

"Then in April the ACO forced us to carry 30kg of ballast and that has had a significant impact on the resistance of certain mechanical parts, notably suspension and brake components. Lastly, the fuel filler pipe is narrower and that will add almost three seconds to fuel stops.

"Meanwhile, the requirement for closed cars to have air conditioning to prevent the cockpit temperature from exceeding 32C has called for the incorporation of a power take-off at the end of the gearbox to drive the compressor."

autosport.com

Old 06-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniD
Oh snap, I should do a group shot. In fact I got another one in the mail yesterday.
I just picked up a new Flying Lizard shirt the other day as well. I'd actually be pretty interested in seeing a group shot! Make it happen!

As for the banter thread, assuming I can find coverage on TV, I'm definitely in for some solid banter action!

Quick Reply: 24 Hours of Le Mans Official Banter Thread