Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

24 Hours of Le Mans Official Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down

peugeot won?

Old 06-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

Wow, it really is the greatest race. What an impressive display by the Pug's - I personally loved the end of the race. To think after all that whinging pre race they ended up dominating so hard.

Some amazing photo's floating around. I'll try and find my favourite photo and post it up, maybe we could all share our favourite photo/moment from the race.

I'm zonked.

Hopefully I can download some full screen HD highlights from somewhere. It was a bit tiresome watching it on a tiny stream.

I too would've liked to see the Aston's do better.

Cheers,
Nik

Old 06-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
roccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond repute
Yup, and I'm a bit bummed. I was really rooting for the new R15's, but after the 5 or 6 hr mark, I could tell that they did not have the pace to make up the differential, unless Peugeot had mechanical difficulties or crashed. oh well, I guess 3rd isn't a bad result considering that it had only been ran at sebring prior to Le Mans. I think that had Audi spent more time running in some other races prior they would have done better, having exposed the new chassis shortcomings compared to the 908.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by roccoman
Yup, and I'm a bit bummed. I was really rooting for the new R15's, but after the 5 or 6 hr mark, I could tell that they did not have the pace to make up the differential, unless Peugeot had mechanical difficulties or crashed. oh well, I guess 3rd isn't a bad result considering that it had only been ran at sebring prior to Le Mans. I think that had Audi spent more time running in some other races prior they would have done better, having exposed the new chassis shortcomings compared to the 908.
Bummed like after this?

Old 06-14-2009, 11:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

I love the Audi's but I did find it strange that they went open top again. According to the commentary on the feed I was watching, eurosport I believe, going forward open top cars won't meet regulations. (??)

It will be interesting to see how this is addressed by Audi, considering how much R&D they've put into the open lid.

Cheers,
Nik

Old 06-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
roccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniD
Bummed like after this?

Right, because Tennessee went to the final four last when? oh, that's right......been a while.

back on topic......

I was also a little disappointed about the Astons. shame about the result this year. hopefully they will be back next year, I think they could be really competitive in LMP1. they sounded amazing, and look great (Gulf livery FTW). I love how the front intake/splitter has a vague resemblance to the front grille of the current sportscars. as much fun as it's been seeing Audi win this the diesels, they are a bit uninspiring compared to the old LMP900 R8's and their petrol V8's. those sounded fantastic.

oh well, congrats to Peugeot for a race well run.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
One thing to retain of this Le Mans, the Aston martin sound is one of the purest/beautiful sound i've ever heard of my life, i'll try to post some of my vids from this weekend, the two diesel cars makes absolutely no sound at all.

click on the pic for the full gallery

Last edited by Jiaim; 06-15-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
nice pics

Old 06-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
highlight pics from autosport

Attached Images           
Old 06-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
more

Attached Images           

Quick Reply: 24 Hours of Le Mans Official Banter Thread