Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

*** Join The Official 2009 Team Speed F1 Fantasy Racing League ***

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
Gary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Alonso HAD the right ride. He had a seat right next to Hamilton in the best car on the grid during Hamilton's inaugural year. Hamilton still beat him.
We will take this up in the future when Alonso has "the" ride..

See you when Alonso is on the "Other" team...

Old 03-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Lewis had this amazing ability to pilot the car with as little driver input as possible. He always takes the right line and breaks later than anyone else in the turns. I also believe that he is largely born with that talent. It is a combination of feel, sensory acutity and fearlessness that makes him great. You can teach the other skills but you cannot teach that fearlessness - that must be born into a guy.

Remember when he had his first real crash in Germany back in 2007. Many wondered how he would handle that. He got right back in the car and was stronger than ever - kind of like Kubica after the wreck in Canada (although he did miss the USGP out of precaution).

Certainly Lewis must work hard to stay on top. But in his prime, on his worst day, he is still proabably a podium finisher at any venue. He can have bad luck, mechanical issues and crooked stewards that might do him in. But he won't beat himself much (I know, I know - China 2007).
Lewis DOES NOT pilot the car with as little driver input as possible.... Button does but some good that did him if anything Lewis is always accused of over driving.... Lewis is a great driver because it's second nature to him. Ron Denis sponsored him and gave him the best of everything in terms of coaching getting into the best teams ect that coupled with an innate talent and the fact that he is fearless, he pushes the envelope made him into the driver he is today I also think that Lewis is good for Formula 1( the change in regulations also helped a lot) things are always better when there is stiffer competition

Originally Posted by Alzilla
Alonso HAD the right ride. He had a seat right next to Hamilton in the best car on the grid during Hamilton's inaugural year. Hamilton still beat him.
Meh I hate Fernando as much a the next guy but he is the best driver on the grid in terms of being the full package: ie he's quick , he's determined , he's a great qualifier, he's fearless, he takes calculated risks and the one thing Alonso has that no other driver does is that he is a race engineer's dream he's the best at setting up the car and developing it..... Case and point Renault's 2 championship cars and the crappy car they had in 2007 the surge in performance Mclaren had between 2006 and 2007 keeping in mind the tire switch from Michilen to Bridgestone in 2007 .... the rate of developement in a crapy Renault in the begining of 2008 to a race winning car by the end of the season...... Game Set & Match

Old 03-07-2009, 01:49 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Hamad, on point post bredrin.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:21 AM
Teamspeed Member
Gary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by like.no.other
Me I hate Fernando as much a the next guy but he is the best driver on the grid in terms of being the full package: ie he's quick , he's determined , he's a great qualifier, he's fearless, he takes calculated risks and the one thing Alonso has that no other driver does is that he is a race engineer's dream he's the best at setting up the car and developing it..... Case and point Renault's 2 championship cars and the crappy car they had in 2007 the surge in performance Mclaren had between 2006 and 2007 keeping in mind the tire switch from Michilen to Bridgestone in 2007 .... the rate of developement in a crapy Renault in the begining of 2008 to a race winning car by the end of the season...... Game Set & Match

Old 03-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
avalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant future
Just joined up....with 0 tifosi on my squad Let's get it on!!

Let's go LEWIS!!! and anyone else on my squad hehe

Old 03-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
this looks like it's going to be a lot of fun....in

Old 03-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
We are now up to 25 teams!!

Old 03-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
We are now up to 25 teams!!

I'm excited about this.....good job Dana

Old 03-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by strebo
Professional
Prob gonna have to make that my new avatar.

lol @ TStifosi picking Bourdais.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dynamic
Prob gonna have to make that my new avatar.

lol @ TStifosi picking Bourdais.
Why I like his Sarah Palin Glasses plus he's running a Ferrari

Quick Reply: *** Join The Official 2009 Team Speed F1 Fantasy Racing League ***