Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

*** Join The Official 2009 Team Speed F1 Fantasy Racing League ***

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I see the roster really being broken into 3 tiers. Let's call them A, B and C.

The A drivers are those with double-digit price tags:

1. Lewis Hamilton
2. Felipe Massa
3. Kimi Raikonnen
4. Heiki Kovalainen
5. Fernando Alonso (9.90 but we'll put him in the A list)

The way I see it, you can really only afford to have one A list driver. If you choose 2 A list drivers, you won't have enough money left over for anyone from list C (see below).

The B drivers are as follows:

6. Robert Kubica
7. Nick Hiedfeld
8. Nico Rosberg (someone will have to explain to me why he is so expensive)
9. Kaz Nakajima
10. Jarno Trulli
11. Sebastian Vettel (a total steal at 7.00!)
12. Nelson Piquet
13. Mark Webber
14. Timo Glock (my hero)

You can afford to pick 2 drivers from the B list.

The C drivers are as follows:

15. Sebastian Bordais
16. Sebastian Buemi
17. Giancarlo Fischicella
18. Adrian Sutil

You will almost have to take one of the C list drivers to round out your roster.

Because you score a point for every lap completed by a driver on your roster, without 4 drivers you will always be at a disadvantage to teams that run 4 - even if you chose to pick Lewis, Felipe and Kimi. For example a team with Lewis, Kubica, Vettel and Sutil will have a HUGE advantage because all of them are likely to finish the race and thus even Sutil will score around 70 points that you won't score with only 3 drivers. So you can't put all your eggs in the A list basket.

So, the way I see it you should take 1 driver from the A list, 2 drivers from the B list and 1 driver from the C list. So you can't really have both Ferrari Drivers and both McLaren drivers or even a pairing of one Ferrari and one McLaren.

If someone sees a flaw in my strategy please point it out.
READ MY POSTS!

Old 02-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by strebo
READ MY POSTS!
What, you mean the deleted one where you pick Sutil, Buemi, Bourdais and Fischicella?

Joke!

Old 02-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
the only thing you guys have to worry about is who comes in second.

As I have bought the rights to #1

Old 02-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craigger
the only thing you guys have to worry about is who comes in second.

As I have bought the rights to #1
Where's my check b*tch?

Old 02-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
So what you're telling me is that I shouldn't pick Hamilton, Alonso and Vettel?

Old 02-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
So what you're telling me is that I shouldn't pick Hamilton, Alonso and Vettel?
I'm not telling you to pick anyone. That is up to you. I'm just saying that any roster of just 3 drivers - not matter who you pick - is going to be at a disadvantage to a better balanced 4 driver team. The site basiaclly forces you to pick 4 drivers because they give a point for every lap completed in the race. That's about 70 points per race you get just for having a warm body - or Adrian Sutil - on your roster. That's as much as a 5th place finish.

No offense to Adrian. We are pals!

Old 02-25-2009, 01:59 PM
Nutcrusher
Dana, do you know how much extra points you get for fastest lap, places 1,2,3 etc? Sounds to me like 5-6 drivers would be a great choice....

Old 02-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Here is the entire scoring table:

Qualifying
Pole Position +20

Classified Race Position
1st + 150
2nd + 100
3rd + 90
4th + 80
5th + 70
6th + 60
7th + 50
8th + 40
9th + 30
10th + 20
11th + 10
12th + 9
13th + 8
14th + 7
15th + 6
16th + 5
17th + 4
18th + 3
19th + 2
20th + 1

Bonus Points
Each Race Lap completed + 1
Fastest Race Lap + 20
For each 0.1m of team budget unspent each race + 1

I think that a 4 driver team is the best balanced because it will allow you to have one driver that is a top contender to win or at least score a podium finish, 2 that should finish in the points, and one that will likely finish the race and get you that 70 or so points just for finishing.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Damn that hat is awesome, where did you pick that up....

Old 02-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Nutcrusher
Originally Posted by Barrister
Here is the entire scoring table:

Qualifying
Pole Position +20

Classified Race Position
1st + 150
2nd + 100
3rd + 90
4th + 80
5th + 70
6th + 60
7th + 50
8th + 40
9th + 30
10th + 20
11th + 10
12th + 9
13th + 8
14th + 7
15th + 6
16th + 5
17th + 4
18th + 3
19th + 2
20th + 1

Bonus Points
Each Race Lap completed + 1
Fastest Race Lap + 20
For each 0.1m of team budget unspent each race + 1

I think that a 4 driver team is the best balanced because it will allow you to have one driver that is a top contender to win or at least score a podium finish, 2 that should finish in the points, and one that will likely finish the race and get you that 70 or so points just for finishing.
Nice! Although I think for the moment that I'll stick with my drivers since I'll get 54points for unspent money. Thats a "loss" of 16p while my chances of getting the winner & fastest lap are alot bigger then with just 1 on the A field.

Going to be interesting seeing everyone's strategy .

Quick Reply: *** Join The Official 2009 Team Speed F1 Fantasy Racing League ***