Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

*** Join The Official 2009 Team Speed F1 Fantasy Racing League ***

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
Here's a topic for discussion. What makes Lewis Hamilton so good? Is he as hard of a worker as most of the other F1 drivers? I get the feeling that so many of the F1 drivers are "machines" that do nothing but train in the gym, train on driving sims, eat nothing but uber-healthy food, don't drink, don't smile, etc etc etc. But Hamilton comes across as a kid having fun. Is it his natural abilites? His car? His work ethic? A combo of some of these?
I think it's definitely a combination of natural talent and a strong work ethic that help him do what he does on the track. The fact that he absolutely loves racing in F1 probably doesn't hurt either. From what I can gather, there is nothing he loves more than driving as fast as he possibly can around the track and it sounds like he loves the challenge of chasing down other drivers.

Then again, maybe he's just so good because he's got the lead singer of the Pussycat Dolls locked down.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
So tell me.

Would you like your Kimi avatar to have little hearts on it?

Old 03-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Lewis had this amazing ability to pilot the car with as little driver input as possible. He always takes the right line and breaks later than anyone else in the turns. I also believe that he is largely born with that talent. It is a combination of feel, sensory acutity and fearlessness that makes him great. You can teach the other skills but you cannot teach that fearlessness - that must be born into a guy.

Remember when he had his first real crash in Germany back in 2007. Many wondered how he would handle that. He got right back in the car and was stronger than ever - kind of like Kubica after the wreck in Canada (although he did miss the USGP out of precaution).

Certainly Lewis must work hard to stay on top. But in his prime, on his worst day, he is still proabably a podium finisher at any venue. He can have bad luck, mechanical issues and crooked stewards that might do him in. But he won't beat himself much (I know, I know - China 2007).

Old 03-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Teamspeed Member
Gary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I think us McFans just like to rub it in that Hamilton won despite the rulings clearly favoring Ferrari
You mean the fact that they paid off a driver in the last race so Hamilton could win... was in Ferrari's favor ???

Old 03-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gary (FL)
You mean the fact that they paid off a driver in the last race so Hamilton could win... was in Ferrari's favor ???
Yes. Let's take a few moments to reflect on that . . .

Just brings a warm glow to my soul....

Old 03-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Then there is always THIS to remember as well:

Old 03-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
Gary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Lewis had this amazing ability to pilot the car with as little driver input as possible. He always takes the right line and breaks later than anyone else in the turns. I also believe that he is largely born with that talent. It is a combination of feel, sensory acutity and fearlessness that makes him great. You can teach the other skills but you cannot teach that fearlessness - that must be born into a guy.

Remember when he had his first real crash in Germany back in 2007. Many wondered how he would handle that. He got right back in the car and was stronger than ever - kind of like Kubica after the wreck in Canada (although he did miss the USGP out of precaution).

Certainly Lewis must work hard to stay on top. But in his prime, on his worst day, he is still proabably a podium finisher at any venue. He can have bad luck, mechanical issues and crooked stewards that might do him in. But he won't beat himself much (I know, I know - China 2007).
Obviously no one can dispute that he is a great driver and will be around for a long time.. He is good for the sport as is any driver that is at that level. It's great that there are a few drivers each race that have a real chance to win every time they get in the drivers seat.. If the car cooperates of course. Makes for way more exciting races to watch and closer championship battles.... What we all want right?

I think Alonso has some of the best driving skills and there is no one that has more balls on a race track then he does. Wait till he gets the right ride in the future.

This will be an interesting season because of all the changes. I am sure we will see some results that are not expected due to all the changes in the cars and what team is ahead of the curve as to compared to others..

Can't wait... Bring it on !!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Yes. Let's take a few moments to reflect on that . . .

Just brings a warm glow to my soul....
Then there is always THIS to remember as well:

Rookie

Professional

Old 03-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
What about Ferrari paying the stewards at Spa?

Old 03-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I think Alonso has some of the best driving skills and there is no one that has more balls on a race track then he does. Wait till he gets the right ride in the future.
Alonso HAD the right ride. He had a seat right next to Hamilton in the best car on the grid during Hamilton's inaugural year. Hamilton still beat him.

Quick Reply: *** Join The Official 2009 Team Speed F1 Fantasy Racing League ***