Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Just though I'd share...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Location: Waltham, MA/Vero Beach, FL/Fairfield, CT/Grosse Pointe, MI
steve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of light
Just though I'd share...

My aunt's 997.2 911 Carrera S cabriolet which she bought in February. She is a huge car person, especially after her 35 years at Chrysler :P It is pretty much fully loaded interior-wise, PDK(6MT hurts her hip) and the sport chrono package and performance-wise it has the sport exhaust. She had a 1999 996 Carrera cabriolet before it, which she traded in to get this one. That one was a proper manual which she taught me how to drive stick in :P Unfortunately she has gotten pretty sick and hasn't been able to drive it. Luckily for me, she lets me drive it sometimes. Now when I posted something like this on 6speedonline, I was flamed for driving her car because everyone said I was going to crash it, and that I shouldn't drive something I can't pay for. But I know Teamspeed is a better forum than that

Sorry for the poor picture quality, all of these were taken on my iPhone. Regarding the first pic where I'm "posing" with the keys, my aunt took that of me as a joke for my mother I was also flamed for that on 6speed

Attached Images     
Old 12-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Stephen,

You are too young to be driving around in a Mercedes, trade it in for a Porsche.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
steve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of lightsteve0827 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Hey Stephen,

You are too young to be driving around in a Mercedes, trade it in for a Porsche.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
bbs on the 996...man your aunt knows whats up...if she was on here id rep her!!! lol

Old 12-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful spec! Your aunt has great taste. I also like the BBS wheels she put on her 996.

You're a lucky guy to get to drive a car like that. Enjoy it!

I hope your aunt's health improves so she can get another manual trans Porsche some day.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Thanks everyone! Yeah, she's really awesome and has a pretty good taste when it comes to cars. She's actually one of the main reasons I got into cars.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
krenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond repute
Your aunt definitely has great taste in automobiles. And I don't think you'll get any flames here. Seems like you're wise enough to realize the opportunity you have to drive such fantastic cars at a young age -- appreciate and enjoy!

Cheers... (and from one Connecticut guy to another)

Old 12-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by krenshaw
Seems like you're wise enough to realize the opportunity you have to drive such fantastic cars at a young age -- appreciate and enjoy!

Cheers... (and from one Connecticut guy to another)
Thank you, I'd like to think so :P

If you don't mind me asking, where in Connecticut are you?

Old 12-08-2010, 03:35 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Nice car, cute boy.

Edit: Wait!! Color! I meant to say cute color. Damn autocorrect.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by jox
Nice car, cute boy.

Edit: Wait!! Color! I meant to say cute color. Damn autocorrect.

Quick Reply: Just though I'd share...