Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Next-gen Vette gets small V8 says Autocar

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
won't happen...

Old 06-03-2011, 12:47 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Autocar keeps posting this stuff and its wrong. GM has already unveiled the new engine. Its a 5.5 Litre V8 and it will be their new V8 for the entire range. It has already seen duty in the C6.R ZR1. GM has invested $850 million dollars on the new engine. They have have already announced it and shown photos of it at the Corvette Convention in Bowling Green. HP numbers should be in the 450 HP range. GM isn't going for more HP, they have been lowering the weight on the C7 through the use on composites. I heard sub 3000 lbs.

Sent from my DROID2 using Teamspeed

Old 06-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I would LOVE to see sub 3000lbs!!!

Sent from my Droid using Teamspeed

Old 06-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
domesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond repute
Autocar is just spewing garbage

Old 06-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
If they get near sub 3000 pounds (read reduce weight), make the car tossable, and get an interior more like that of the CTS-V or any european car, I would seriously look at one.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Sub 3000 lbs. when pigs fly.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:53 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe not sub 3000 lbs but I'm sure they can get close to that, the Z06 carbon's curb weight is already at 3150 lbs. I'm curious however how a more important use of lighter materials will affect the price-tag, and if they can finally give it a decent interior. A corvette will always remain a corvette but the interior is in dire need of an update.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
avalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant future
3.0 v8 lol wont happen....my previous 434ci lsx was physically about the size of the 281 in my mustang, made Twice the power and got almost the same gas mileage

Too bad the new 5.5l will be the end of good ol fashioned, dinosaur, pushrod power

Old 06-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
It almost seems as if they're turning the good ole 'Vette from an American muscle car into European sportscar. Not a good thing IMHO. I'm sure this will be an amazing car, but not an amazing Corvette.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:51 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
My dads ZO6 weighs 3150 lbs. I could see them shedding 150 easy. The engine will be lighter than the LS7 and the use of composites (rear decklid, hood) will shed lbs very quickly. From the articles I have read in my Corvette magazine, the interior is being designed by Cadillac and have inspiration taken from the Sting Ray interior. The same article stated Recaro is purpose-building seats just for this. One last thing, in said article they stated the LCD screen might make a comeback. The C4 ZR-1 used a full LCD display. This car will be beyond badass.

Sent from my DROID2 using Teamspeed

Quick Reply: Next-gen Vette gets small V8 says Autocar