Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by wtdoom
Im thinking hard before I actually take the time to answer you , I suspect you are very young and not purposefully being abrasive . Ill give you the benefit of the doubt .

I was looking at buying one a long time ago , then i saw the interior dash resembled a bordello in paris so i didn't even go to the factory (i don't like the idea of a small sex toy as a key either you see ) .

By chance i saw the silver car on one of my many visits to Stuttgart and Affalterbach , ( it was on display at affalterbach for some reason) and it was ghastly .

After the design of the very early zondas it was abominable . The interior ( dash , screen , design ) and aero flaps have to be seen to be believed for their utter atrocity .
Almost too crass for words . Pity , as the idea of Horacio Pagani like a bespoke chassis builder from a bygone era appealed to me ( albeit briefly ) , I liked the idea of meeting your cars creator . Unfortunately this time he created a monster and has utterly lost his way . His designs are more and more vulgar ( especially the interiors ) but I expect they appeal to those that buy them .
I see you have a Carrera GT as your AVATAR, we had the 918 Introduction in Las Vegas for potential customers at the track, and of course the F150 replacement is going on in Maranello. Are you considering a 918? By the way, I agree with all of your sentiments above, as I really liked the Original Zonda and Zonda "S" until they went over the top. I don't know if you have seen the P1 in person, but in person it is much better than the photos. Any of these 3 Supercars will be incredible. As I cannot get a F150 from Ferrari, my preference is going towards the P1. I could not be more happy with my 12/C and the service provided by McLaren.

Last edited by Senna1994; 02-13-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:21 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen three Huayras, visited the factory where they were building three more, and I agree with wtdoom's comments - so add me to the list.

The Zonda was fantastic - the Huayra is not a better looking car in my opinion. Maybe if they fix the face somehow (and the chin spoiler they showed off recently didn't do it) then I'll be able to ignore the over-dressed mess in the interior.

I still admire Horacio and what he has done, but I wouldn't put my money into the new car. Would love to have him build me a custom Zonda 760ER or maybe just buy a Tricolore.

>8^)
ER

Old 02-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Teamspeed Member
Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Peloton25
I've seen three Huayras, visited the factory where they were building three more, and I agree with wtdoom's comments - so add me to the list.

The Zonda was fantastic - the Huayra is not a better looking car in my opinion. Maybe if they fix the face somehow (and the chin spoiler they showed off recently didn't do it) then I'll be able to ignore the over-dressed mess in the interior.

I still admire Horacio and what he has done, but I wouldn't put my money into the new car. Would love to have him build me a custom Zonda 760ER or maybe just buy a Tricolore.

>8^)
ER
Sometimes less is more, that is why the original Zonda was such a great car. By the way, I agree with all of your sentiments above, as I really liked the Original Zonda and Zonda "S" until they went over the top with the later models and especially the Huyara. The Original Zonda "S" with the 6 Speed Gearbox was ideal, and the interior although a bit over the top, still looked bespoke.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:20 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
NotNormal is an unknown quantity at this point
Another here that has seen the new Huayra and to me it really is a truly ugly looking beast in the flesh, the same as it does in the photo's.

Everyone has different tastes though so no point in arguing over it.

Just be glad manafacturers are building these cars so those that can afford have the choice

Old 02-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
It's funny when people get defensive and offended at others not liking a car.

If we all liked the same thing, the Geneva show would be nothing to look forward too.

I am excited for all of the new major supercars coming out. This is a great time in automotive history to be a fan, or for some lucky few, a buyer.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:21 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
^I agree..

Geneva this year should be epic, i was hoping for the S class to be there as well, but it wont be..probably Frankfurt..
Which means ile go to IAA, but im actually regretting my decision already.
This years Geneva would be a shame to miss..

Old 02-14-2013, 09:31 AM
Teamspeed Member
^^^ Why is the "S" Class presentation delayed? Been waiting for it, and thought it would be originally at Detroit. Geneva wil be Epic regardless.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:37 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
^I think they want to do it in Germany as they did the last time.
But there are also rumors that they will show it in shanghai, to kick off the Chinese market as they are dragging behind BMW and Audi in that market.

Lets see..

It sure is TIME to see it already.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:51 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by The Artist
^I think they want to do it in Germany as they did the last time.
But there are also rumors that they will show it in shanghai, to kick off the Chinese market as they are dragging behind BMW and Audi in that market.

Lets see..

It sure is TIME to see it already.
I agree and look forward to it, I spotted 2 prototypes with camo here about 8 months ago and snapped some photos with my I phone, really looking forward to this car.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Artist
^It was just a joke man..
Don't be offended..it was not my meaning at all with that comment.

I know when and what car was at AMG in affalterbach, it was the factory car, with an amazingly dirty interior and even some stickers for testing on the car.

Despite that it should not have been a deal breaker for you, so if you found it ghastly then that's nothing for me to argue with.

But like you said many people like it, and will pay for it and smile all the way through the process.

PS
Just out of curiosity, what did you decide to spend your 1 million euros on after being repulsed by the Huayra?

The car you saw most likely:
Pagani Huayra - Exterior & interior in detail - YouTube
No offence taken , was just a little odd as I dont know you from Adam . No harm done .
Yes that is the car I saw .
Since then I have added several Porsches to my pit but the most important is my Brumos 73 RSR , which cost me a lot more than the big fish unfortunately ...

Originally Posted by Senna1994
I see you have a Carrera GT as your AVATAR, we had the 918 Introduction in Las Vegas for potential customers at the track, and of course the F150 replacement is going on in Maranello. Are you considering a 918? By the way, I agree with all of your sentiments above, as I really liked the Original Zonda and Zonda "S" until they went over the top. I don't know if you have seen the P1 in person, but in person it is much better than the photos. Any of these 3 Supercars will be incredible. As I cannot get a F150 from Ferrari, my preference is going towards the P1. I could not be more happy with my 12/C and the service provided by McLaren.
Yes that is my Carrera GT . I am not sold on the P1 or the 918 ( although I am lucky to have seen both and am still technically a buyer ) but am looking at them both very carefully . They change positions in my mind every couple of days with the 918 currently higher in my rankings . I think with the added comfort , the removable roof etc it is probably a car I can use more and get more out of . It sounds like the new Ferrari and the P1 are perhaps too track focused . I mean to say who wants a car that is so much faster than everyone else on a trackday ? That would be boring .

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar