Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 04:33 AM
Teamspeed Member
Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I just got a 12/CSpider as a possible trade in on my Coupe, what they are doing with these cars is short of miraculous, makes me think long and hard of what a P1 will be like.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AeolusDawnWalker
I don't see how having the fastest car over everyone else by a significant margin and being able to set massive new lap records if your skills are good enough could be boring.. It's all about pushing the limits.

Not sure about F70 yet, but they're making P1 as good a usable road car as also a very fast track car. Visibility out of it will be excellent compared to other supercars, with the deep windscreen and transparent roof panels, and if you want to you can set everything to Automatic and just cruise. A lot of praise has already been heaped upon the 12C's setup for the road comfort and ride compliance it provides when not pushing things, and I believe McLaren will expand upon these all-rounder abilities further with the P1.

ADW
Don't worry , I know all about the p1 . I have seen it , been to the factory a couple of times and was inside the car well before it was shown publicly .
For me a track day is about fun , interaction and playing with a cars grip limits with friends in similarly capable machines .
Racing is for setting ultimate lap times and "pushing the limits" ( not track days ) , we obviously seek different things from our track days but that's fine .
One more thing I'm not sure how long term this hybrid style nonsense will be , I fear it may be a fad . Interesting times for sure

Last edited by wtdoom; 02-15-2013 at 04:56 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:11 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
I think that P1 interior is simply great, just like the ever greatest F1, this is all about perfection in simplicity. And wait till you see interiors of customer cars in some unique specs.

I wouldn't choose this over a F150, but I think this car is worth the price and I really hope they'll move the whole production run without any troubles.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Its already sold out....

Old 02-15-2013, 05:44 AM
Teamspeed Member
Mark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by exRockstar
Its already sold out....
Probably yes, but it's all speculations at the moment. The order books are almost closed, but that doesn't mean that they've taken deposits for all 500 units.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Member
Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Mark ANTAR
Probably yes, but it's all speculations at the moment. The order books are almost closed, but that doesn't mean that they've taken deposits for all 500 units.
Mark, you are correct.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Member
AeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished road
Speedhunters had the opportunity to visit and see the McLaren P1 when it stopped in Los Angeles as part of its world preview.

Photos by Larry Chen @ Speedhunters. More here: AN EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW OF THE MCLAREN P1 - Speedhunters

ADW

Old 02-15-2013, 09:23 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
I really hope they do something about that front..

The car is spot on from the rear and profile.

Even the interior is understandable..and probably acceptable with the right colors and options..

But that front is not right..

The worse would be if they dull down that awesome rear and keep the frog face..

Old 02-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
AeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished road
Frog face? I thought it looks like a grinning cobra with fangs extended..

ADW

Old 02-15-2013, 10:05 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AeolusDawnWalker
Frog face? I thought it looks like a grinning cobra with fangs extended..

ADW
Hah u guess that's one way of looking at it.

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar