Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Member
quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by ddk
Sounds like your showing age! Ask your son or daughter which one you should get, get that one.
LOL, i was saying exactly that to myself!!! i try to stay "hip" though, but found myself asking why should i upgrade a perfecly fine iphone 4 to 4s a while back, i didnt and now same story for the 5. do i really care anymore what miniature brick i use to make phone calls? same trend i guess. i still cant let go of the murcielago either...

as for the Huayra, i think it is around 1mil and we would not be having this conversation if it was a convertible.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quickie
as for the Huayra, i think it is around 1mil and we would not be having this conversation if it was a convertible.
Well wait a couple of years for that

Old 09-19-2012, 04:37 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Huayra roadster is
Coming let me know if your interested ile put you in contact so you can get one of the first produced

Hah I'm sorry for messing up your mind further

Old 09-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JLMIAMI is an unknown quantity at this point
looks like an SSC from the profile

Old 09-19-2012, 07:14 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by trax
Personally I don't think the photos are very good, car looks way better in the flesh
For the record, trax is not the only person lucky enough to see the car already who has been saying this.

>8^)
ER

Old 09-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
BecauseRacecar is on a distinguished roadBecauseRacecar is on a distinguished roadBecauseRacecar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by The Artist
The 12c is faster around the track than the 458.

But, tech is cold and mated with a cold design, this car will never be appreciated for its true qualities.

Which is a damn shame!
This is a COLD design? I entitle everyone to their opinion but cold?! Surely you're mistaken about what that means...

Old 09-20-2012, 12:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
I personally agree. this looks way better than the bug and egg.

And I think from both sides, those who like it vs those who don't, both can agree this car commands supercar presence.

Originally Posted by NGJR
Personally, the more I look at it the more I like it. I'd take this over a Veyron/Ksegg in a heartbeat:

Old 09-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
Yes the 918 is pretty but.....it isn't very innovative. To me the P1 is a quantum leap in design, it isnt designed to look cool but to crush the field. It is this purposeful design that draws me in. The car is radical and each one will be bespoke to the owners. The buying experience will be like no other car on the planet. Have you seen all the MSO option for the 12C? Just imagine the lack of limits McLaren will go to with the P1. I am very excited to read and see more.

I keep comparing these pictures to the bug, egg, and zonda and love the P1 more and more. It really makes those other cars look two deminsional. Like they were designed on a drafting table.

Last edited by falb; 09-20-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
Absolutely breath-taking!
The car looks like as if it was designed by science!

Old 09-20-2012, 03:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheBoy
cheaters. 918 still looks significantly better. torn on the p1 overall though
i won't cheat so i admit i love the P1.

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar