Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by joshg120
I really like the car but I can't escape the feeling that they just updated the bodywork of an mp4-12c, increased the engine capacity, made some suspension tweaks, renamed it,and will now charge 5x's the price of the 12C. It just doesn't have the from the ground up construction feel of most of the "hypercars" that we see released.

Take ferrari as an example, we can be assured that their new supercar will not be anything like we have ever seen.. If i'm paying 1 million + dollars I want to know that this thing is 100% unique and special.

I don't want to leave an overwhelming feeling of criticism, as I do like much about this car, but when I first see a car I tend to lean towards my criticisms. The praises will come shortly after my extreme first reaction
My thoughts exactly. Except for Ferrari's new supercar. We shall see. If it looks too much like the Enzo it will be a big fail...just my 2 cents.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:08 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alwin
If I had 800 quid, I'd buy it!

It's very distinctive, different and uniquely McLaren. I like how they've played off their core design elements eg shape of logo for both the MP4 and P1, in even simple things like the headlamp designs and arches of the body.

I like it more than the Huayra (exterior only, any Pagani interior is > all)...has all the organic curves without looking dainty. But based on aesthetics alone, I'd take an 'old' Zonda or Enzo over this any day of the week.
^^THIS

Old 09-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
I think it looks absolutely awesome.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Oakenstein is on a distinguished roadOakenstein is on a distinguished road
Hmmmm... I'm not sure that I like it. I wonder why they did not go with MC orange?

I'd like to see it toned down a bit. Like... remove hood vents, smooth out the chunky door area that is carbon fiber, stream line the back more. The back looks way over done.

They must need a shit ton of Aero enchantments for the power-train. =/

I do think this car will drive like a bat out of hell with a ton of grip. It will be a great car to drive.

GOD HELP US!!! When Masonry gets one!

Edit: I love the head and tail lights.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by The Artist
Somehow i knew this would happen..
Just look at the 12C when it was first showed..it looks like a the designer of hot wheels toy cars got a new job..

But i will say it surprised me, i was expecting the same boredom as the 12C..
but instead they went on and tried waaaay to hard. So its still effed up.

But hey lets hope it looks better when it goes to production, or just hope its fast enough for the human eye to register.
Hi Artist,

Im really disappointed and also a bit sad about this new design. The 90sF1 looks great - one ofthe most beautiful cars, the MP 4-12 perfectly fits in this Mclaren design..elegance and class - this new one looks like a supercar from a Nissan design intern.

I couldnt buy one anyway..but that makes it easier..although I am not a fan of Porsches latest designs - the 918 more or less looks good - much better than this. Of course I know that 918 is like a fat patatoe that will have no chance on the racetrack against it.

Now we are waiting for the ENZO successor - I really like the ENZO ...so it will be difficult to beat its design - but lest see.

As for Mclaren - go home and do your homework - you still have time to change this piece of crap..

Old 09-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to all
I think the dissenters should wait until they hear the technical specification of the P1 before immediately dismissing it as a pimped up version of the MP4-12C -- having seen the car in person, I think it looks absolutely stunning -- I wouldn't spec it in Volcano Orange though

Old 09-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enough
i gotta admit i am a bit dissapointed, as i personally feel the original McLaren F1 is an absolute beauty.

i think McLaren Automotive is a brand that tries to separate itself from the other automotive companies by distinguishing themselves for their extraordinarily advanced technical features, and this futuristic design IMO reflects that philosophy.

I bet its gonna look very cool in real life, but its just never gonna be a beautiful car.

Long live the F1.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Member
FerrariWF is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the side profile is one of the best I've seen. It looks perfect. I do not like the carbon on the side intake or the front bumper. It would look better all one color. The rear picture is taken from a strange angle and it will look really good once we get different shots of it. A 12C like spoiler could have fit in well on the rear I think. That exhaust is awesome. The performance specs will blow expectations away. Guaranteed. And I remember a LOT of people didn't like the 458 when it first came out but I don't hear them speaking up anymore.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
DJ you need to update your avatar image

Old 09-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Tilen will become famous soon enoughTilen will become famous soon enoughTilen will become famous soon enoughTilen will become famous soon enoughTilen will become famous soon enoughTilen will become famous soon enoughTilen will become famous soon enoughTilen will become famous soon enough
just one week and I will see it in Paris on press days, cant wait

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar