Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Member
quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Just made a call to see wether i could get an early 918, i can get a Q1 2014 slot. Looks like it is bye bye P1 and hellllooooo gorgeous but slow 918.
New enzo replazement is way over my budget, so it is down to those 2 i guess.
What really bugs me is mc is faster but 918 looks better and is a spider after all.
Always those impossible choices!!!
P.S: I apologise if it looks like i am bragging, but i just felt like sharing... Also i am really between the 2, so i read alot of your comments to make my decision too.
Will have to decide next week when i know how much the Mc is. If it is more then 20% expensive then the 918, i think i'll go for the porsche.
On a side note: kers is a +1 point for mc in my book.

Last edited by quickie; 09-19-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
Dude, how is the F70 out of your budget?

PS: I think you're making a mistake going for the 918.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond repute
Gulf anyone?

Old 09-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by NGJR
Dude, how is the F70 out of your budget?

PS: I think you're making a mistake going for the 918.
well, it is about double the cost of 918 if i understand correctly. i have not really asked around ever since i was told it would go for around 1.5mil.
i might be able to pull it off if money flows in next year, but so far it does not look that good... the economy nor my personal financial situation, which are farily correlated.
that 918 looks like a beachside cruiser rather then a supercar, and i am afraid performs that way too. i am not blown away by that 7.14 lap. so i see where you're coming from.
if i go for 918 it is going to be guards red,all plastic murdered out

Old 09-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
trax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WindSpeed
I like the car a lot, however, I cannot really apreciate it as there are no references in the pictures to compare the car with, you can't really see its size, for example!
It's slightly shorter than the 12C, with the aero kit it looked slightly wider than the 12C

Personally I don't think the photos are very good, car looks way better in the flesh

Old 09-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
Originally Posted by quickie
well, it is about double the cost of 918 if i understand correctly. i have not really asked around ever since i was told it would go for around 1.5mil.
i might be able to pull it off if money flows in next year, but so far it does not look that good... the economy nor my personal financial situation, which are farily correlated.
that 918 looks like a beachside cruiser rather then a supercar, and i am afraid performs that way too. i am not blown away by that 7.14 lap. so i see where you're coming from.
if i go for 918 it is going to be guards red,all plastic murdered out
I think 1.5 mill is an overly exaggerated estimate. Probably closer to 1 mill.

I agree the 918 is beautiful, but I think either the F70 or the P1 are better investments. I also think people are judging the car way too early. Remember, when it first came out, people complained the Aventador looked just like a Gallardo on steroids

Old 09-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
to be honest, i've been driving the 430, i have not driven for a year, and that reminded just how much i miss the convertible..
i am totally with you on the value of the car though. i think 918 wil depreciate faster, and the other 2 might actually keep the value for a longer time, but if i put alot of miles on the car, the 918 will keep its value better. noone would want an f70 with 50k miles on it unless it is dirt cheap.
i know we're jumping to conclusions based on a few akward photos, but just look at the f1!!! still we should not forget that it is unfair compairing a late production pimped out f1 to a unreleased car based on a few images, but i remember when i first saw the F1 on a photo, that instant i loved it all the way, and now i am trying to convince myself to like a P1... it will probably grow on me, but i do not expect to fall head over heels for it
speaking of cars i pretty much hate the sesto elemento comes to mind too. did not like it first time, still hate it..

Old 09-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
to be honest, i've been driving the 430, i have not driven for a year, and that reminded just how much i miss the convertible..
i am totally with you on the value of the car though. i think 918 wil depreciate faster, and the other 2 might actually keep the value for a longer time, but if i put alot of miles on the car, the 918 will keep its value better. noone would want an f70 with 50k miles on it unless it is dirt cheap.
i know we're jumping to conclusions based on a few akward photos, but just look at the f1!!! still we should not forget that it is unfair compairing a late production pimped out f1 to a unreleased car based on a few images, but i remember when i first saw the F1 on a photo, that instant i loved it all the way, and now i am trying to convince myself to like a P1... it will probably grow on me, but i do not expect to fall head over heels for it
speaking of cars i pretty much hate the sesto elemento comes to mind too. did not like it first time, still hate it..
If I was you I would wait until we get more pics/information on the mclaren before you make a decision. 3 pics are never going to tell the whole story so I would take your time and wait for some real sizable info

Old 09-19-2012, 04:06 PM
ddk
Teamspeed Junior Member
ddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished road
i remember when i first saw the F1 on a photo, that instant i loved it all the way, and now i am trying to convince myself to like a P1... it will probably grow on me, but i do not expect to fall head over heels for it
Sounds like your showing age! Ask your son or daughter which one you should get, get that one.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:07 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
What about the huayra? There you will not only retain value but make money

If not then I support your choice of the 918 it is just all that and a bag of chips!

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar