Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 10:04 AM
ddk
Teamspeed Junior Member
ddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished road
P1 and F1

Attached Images  
Old 09-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to all
Ladies,

Believe me when I tell you that the car is stunning -- I do not understand why McLaren chose to launch it with pictures that don't give you a proper feel for the car -- anybody who thinks that this is a pimped-up MP4-12C and has been complaining endlessly will have to retract their statement -- the car may be about the same length as the MP4-12C, but it is wider and has one of the most aggressive rear spoilers that I have ever seen -- I would like to encourage people who are in Paris on Thursday to post their comments as soon as possible

Old 09-21-2012, 12:41 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Two buds of mine who saw the real deal say the car is amazing and they saw so many good automotive things in their life I have no ground not to trust them.

When you will read the tech specs, see the car and hear the I bet the haters will disappear in a moment.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
WindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished road
Images from an article in a french magazine:

Link to the article: McLaren P1 - Elle déploie son aile - Actualités - L'Automobile Magazine

I understand little french so I didn't read it, anyone can give an idea of what the article says?

Old 09-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Gentlemen , have you noticed that all of us that actually seen the car and sat in it absolutely love it and the negative comments are purely based on pictures that really skew the proportions ?
Have faith the car is stunning .

Old 09-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Where did you found this!!!)) this is great!!! These are the actual tecnical design specs of the actual production car!!! Not the P1 concept ones!!!!

Old 09-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
WindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wtdoom
Gentlemen , have you noticed that all of us that actually seen the car and sat in it absolutely love it and the negative comments are purely based on pictures that really skew the proportions ?
Have faith the car is stunning .
I've really been thinking about that. I haven't heard a single person who saw it say it is not beautiful, not even that it is "just nice", everyone who saw it (and told about it) loved it.
I'm still waiting for Paris to see what it really is. I already like it, though. I just have some doubts which Paris will hopefully eliminate.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Hi Wtdoom,

OK - iy you say so - as a C-GT owner I have to give you credit. But somehow, the pictures dont look good..it reminds me a bit of the 991 debut..Porsche used some red and yellow 991s..photogrqphed them from the most ugly sides and then of course..if the car is in black metallich - it would look much better.

Still - MP4-12 and Mclaren F1 fascinated from the first second..this not..

Keep us updated and I still hope that we can meet with my GT2 and your C-GT iun spa some time..let me know when your back..

Old 09-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Funkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished road
Name:  5af7E.png
Views: 11
Size:  548.1 KB

I didn't notice it before but looking at the P1 wheels it's clear the camera is doing that fisheye thing. I don't know why Mclaren would do this since it makes the car look unnaturally small.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Funkyskunk2

I didn't notice it before but looking at the P1 wheels it's clear the camera is doing that fisheye thing. I don't know why Mclaren would do this since it makes the car look unnaturally small.
That's not a fisheye effect, fisheye goes in the other direction and bring the middle towards you i believe. There's no name for this but i see what you're saying, it looks like the middle of the photo was squeezed inward.

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar