Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Teamspeed Member
AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
front end looks like it's smiling. no supercar should look like it's smiling...

the sides and rear are ok in my book.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
Smiling? Looks angry.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
Personally, the more I look at it the more I like it. I'd take this over a Veyron/Ksegg in a heartbeat:

Name:  carbon_zps86805196.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  136.2 KB

Old 09-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
I hate these wanna be futuristic knock up space ships. The only thing worse is that god awful C.G.I. attempt SSCtuatara. I need to change my avatar I don't know if I can be a Mclaren supporter anymore. I hope it is much better refined in the flesh but somehow I doubt it. 918 FTW!!!
yes. looks like a freaking alien spaceship. i already dislike the fact that hypercars now are becoming so "techy" in general but the looks of this one kinda kill it for me. give me an f40 anyday over this. proper gear box, no aids, just skill of the driver and pure enjoyment. any rich guy can buy this car and cruise around. in fact (aventador owners please clarify) people say that the aventador is a very easy car to drive. it used to be that lambos were trying to kill you. what happened to the golden days of cars where skill was actually involved?

sorry for the rant

Old 09-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
WindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished road
I like the car a lot, however, I cannot really apreciate it as there are no references in the pictures to compare the car with, you can't really see its size, for example!

Old 09-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond repute
The more I look at it, the less and less it looks like a McLaren product (aside from the obvious mclaren logo shaped headlights.) It lacks a certain sophistication that McLaren always has.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NGJR
Personally, the more I look at it the more I like it. I'd take this over a Veyron/Ksegg in a heartbeat:

Woke up this morning appreciating the design alot more. Especially in black or bare CF like this one. Nice.

I'm just wondering if, at the rear of the car, the hexagonal "mesh" area behind the engine will be open and not closed on the production model in order to help ventilate heat from the engine compartment.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
I don't mind the CF design quite as much. I actually like it. DAMN YOU!

So I've been ranting on it for nothing.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blissat9k
Jonsibal race car rendering. I can get used to this

Now this makes the P12 look like a supercar and much better, not mind blowing but better.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Ace of Spades is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Zeus
Woke up this morning appreciating the design alot more. Especially in black or bare CF like this one. Nice.

I'm just wondering if, at the rear of the car, the hexagonal "mesh" area behind the engine will be open and not closed on the production model in order to help ventilate heat from the engine compartment.
You will be able to see through the mesh and see all the exposed "mechanics" under there.

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar