Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Talk to me about M3s

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely Toby's favorite ride.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fuel&Fire
Save some money get the 335is, Chip it.... Then Get the GT3 sooner.
That car is a RIP OFF.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks again for the input. The reason the wife will get a TT-S is because the Cayman wouldn't cut it for her year-round car in the DC area. If we moved to CA, I'd dump the TT-S for a Cayman S in 1.2 seconds. As it stands, I'd like her to have AWD during winters. She's also considering a Q5, but I think the TT-S will win the day.

Like I said, I still want to drive a manual M3 and see what's up. Realistically, paying off the 911 is the best plan.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:36 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Thanks again for the input. The reason the wife will get a TT-S is because the Cayman wouldn't cut it for her year-round car in the DC area. If we moved to CA, I'd dump the TT-S for a Cayman S in 1.2 seconds. As it stands, I'd like her to have AWD during winters. She's also considering a Q5, but I think the TT-S will win the day.

Like I said, I still want to drive a manual M3 and see what's up. Realistically, paying off the 911 is the best plan.
I know a Canadian gentleman who drove his Boxster in Canadian winters.
They handle great with winter tires, 50/50 weight ratio.

But yea, TTS is a better choice.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
AutoWallArt is a name known to allAutoWallArt is a name known to allAutoWallArt is a name known to allAutoWallArt is a name known to allAutoWallArt is a name known to allAutoWallArt is a name known to allAutoWallArt is a name known to allAutoWallArt is a name known to allAutoWallArt is a name known to allAutoWallArt is a name known to allAutoWallArt is a name known to all
Love my M3. While to an untrained eye blends in with reg. 3 series, it is a thrill to drive. With better performance then a 360, and German reliablity with free maintenance for the first 50,000 miles, it is a no brainer. It truley has the total package. My only complaint is that I feel my Range Rover gets better gas mileage! But who cares when you are in 3rd gear at 6,000 rpms and nail it up to 120 and here the sound. I have been, and always will be a fan of the M3 for the perfect daily driver for a true enthusiast.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AutoWallArt
Love my M3. While to an untrained eye blends in with reg. 3 series, it is a thrill to drive. With better performance then a 360, and German reliablity with free maintenance for the first 50,000 miles, it is a no brainer. It truley has the total package. My only complaint is that I feel my Range Rover gets better gas mileage! But who cares when you are in 3rd gear at 6,000 rpms and nail it up to 120 and here the sound. I have been, and always will be a fan of the M3 for the perfect daily driver for a true enthusiast.

^I'm pretty sure even the most untrained eye can differentiate an M3 and a 3 series.. Assuming you're talking about the E9x M3s.. Otherwise, I can see where people may confuse them from certain angles.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I just need to win the lotto and pull a Mike S...
And buy every dream car available, and then some?

What about buying a one year used m6? It would probably run you around 70k, will not depreciate like a new car (so you can save more efficiently for the GT3), and it has the V10 engine.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
^M6 = Butt Ugly.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Jamie's bought and sold 3 M3's, 2 Z8's and the only M8 in existence since this threads creation.

fact.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craigger
Jamie's bought and sold 3 M3's, 2 Z8's and the only M8 in existence since this threads creation.

fact.

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Quick Reply: Talk to me about M3s