Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Talk to me about M3s

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
You win

Originally Posted by STLG
TBH I like the 1-series look a little better than the 3-series. I know nothing about how they stack up against each other, but I have heard that the 1 is faster than the 3?
Same engine - smaller/lighter car - so yea its a bit faster.

Last edited by Fuel&Fire; 03-31-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:40 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Chris at the end of the day, the M3 is a fine car and you would love driving it daily. I have not met any M3 owners that regret their decision to buy it. The only disappointment you may encounter is that you are coming from a 911. :-)

Old 03-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Yeah I think I'll just keep the 911 for a while (poor me, right?). I'll pay it off and LEASE my next crazy car...
That's a good decision Chris, you've got a great 911 there. However, I will say that absolutely love my M3. Even though I'm thoroughly obsessed with the GT3, I can't quite bring myself to get rid of the M. I've heard a lot of people talking down about the M3 lately. All I have to say to them is get it on a tight and technical road and it will blow your f***ing mind that a car the better part of two tons can turn in and handle like it does. From the driver seat, it sounds phenomenal to crank that engine all they way to 8300rpm.

Even though the RS4 is a phenomenal car and one that I was thoroughly obsessed with while in college, I came to the conclusion that in the Texas climate I live in, the M3 is the better car.

I spent my last two weeks thinking about how it was finally time for a GT3, but after a few drives in the M3 back here in Austin, I can wait a little while.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
^ Never driven an RS4, but I don't doubt that the M3 just does it better.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
^It really depends, I think as an all rounder for someone that lives in say Chicago, the RS4 would be the clear winner. My cousin (who I've been trying to get on the forum) bought an RS4 about six months after I got my M3 and he absolutely loves it. Has a set of snow tires and says the winter performance is awesome.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:31 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I've been lucky enough to drive the RS4 a few times, haven't driven the new M3 yet (probably will this summer), me being an Audi fan I would go with the RS4. Can't drive the M3 in 3 feet of snow.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
^It really depends, I think as an all rounder for someone that lives in say Chicago, the RS4 would be the clear winner. My cousin (who I've been trying to get on the forum) bought an RS4 about six months after I got my M3 and he absolutely loves it. Has a set of snow tires and says the winter performance is awesome.
I agree. I was speaking in terms of pure driving enjoyment. Certainly, the cars have different approaches and character.

No doubt, I'd put snows on an M3. Traction/stability control, LSD, and good tires is plenty, IMO.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by JonA85
I've been lucky enough to drive the RS4 a few times, haven't driven the new M3 yet (probably will this summer), me being an Audi fan I would go with the RS4. Can't drive the M3 in 3 feet of snow.
Not sure you can drive the RS4 in that either. Front end will be a snow plow, and the car would be susceptible to high centering.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond reputeDr. T has a reputation beyond repute
The wife's M3 is easily the best all around driver we've ever owned. I was a bit hesitant concerning the DCT but it's been flawless. I love it.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^ Big enough for a yellow Lab in back, if I recall? Haha

Quick Reply: Talk to me about M3s