Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

Lifting - Reps/sets etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
Oh yeah? I didn't mention anything about lifting heavy? Quiet dickface...
any slob can lift heavy. It's how you do it.

shitbird....

Originally Posted by Tsar
^ He was talking about intensity, not just moving heavy objects.
Speak slowly Tsar, Raiff might now unnnnnastaaaaand da werds dat are comin outtta your mouuuf

Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie
What about rest time in between set? I usually just rest the length of time it takes for my lift partners to complete their set, should I be doing 2-3min in between each set? More/less?
Originally Posted by big_slacker
3 minutes should be enough. Longer and you're probably dicking around at the gym.
I prefer to do 30 seconds to 1:15minutes rest in between...of course this isn't optimal for really heavy lifting but the heart rates stays up and its good for burning the shit out of the muscles....

Old 04-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
"If it is true that the concentrations of endogenous anabolic hormones are determinants of long-term muscle growth, then regular alterations in training protocol (i.e., periodization) may contribute to maximizing results by eliciting greater hormonal responses"
Conclusion of the research, variation is the key word.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The group that had 2,5 min rest in between got more muscular and stronger.

The group with max. 1 min rest became leaner and and more fat free mass.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Jesus.....if I sit there for 3 minutes I'm losing my mind bored and possibly asleep! lol

Old 04-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Jesus.....if I sit there for 3 minutes I'm losing my mind bored and possibly asleep! lol
killer combo, sleep like a baby grow like weed during workouts

Old 04-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
dude I need to toss weight around like a manic and absolutely burn myself out for my work outs otherwise I feel very unproductive.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
@Tsar: I understand that he was talking about intensity. I know a thing or two about that...

@Stoppie: True, anyone can lift heavy weights the wrong way... If they are strong enough.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Originally Posted by SoCal
@Tsar: I understand that he was talking about intensity. I know a thing or two about that...

@Stoppie: True, anyone can lift heavy weights the wrong way... If they are strong enough.
@SoCal: STFU and get ready for PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEETEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

AAAHH good for you...ahhhhh GOOD for meeee

Old 04-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
hmmm. I'm thinking I'm either jacked up from my work outs over the last few days, coffee or both. maybe it was the gin LOL

Old 04-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Methinks you are high as fvck on Jackd3D or coffee/cocaine. Take a Xanax and call me in the morning.

Quick Reply: Lifting - Reps/sets etc