Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
ddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura about
Started off the week with a good bicep/leg day and some good HIIT cardio to cut the extra calories off; heading into the gym today to do triceps/chest

Looking to get 4 sets of 10 of 225 on the bench with only 45seconds of break per set

Old 04-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Nutrition doesn't get enough play on this thread. I'm on the road again and in case you missed it last time I have some great strategies for keeping it healthy.

Best is a suite with a kitchen but even then you don't have a stove for the healthier baked food. So I usually stick to microwaved fare. That doesn't mean shit microwaved dinners. Get the steam in bag veggies and pre-cooked lean meats (chicken breasts, fish, etc...) The meats are usually high in sodium but you're gonna be working out hard anyway so a little salt won't kill you.

Also make use of business hotel's breakfast buffets. They almost always have eggs, some kind of meat, fruit and oatmeal.

As an example, today:

Breakfast-Oatmeal with jam, apple, eggs, 2 sausage patties.
Lunch-Indian buffet, seasoned cauliflower,tandoori chicken and a small piece of naan bread.
Pre-workout-Zone bar
Dinner-12 small meatballs and 1 bag steamfresh veggies
Pre bed-Tilapia filets

Old 04-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Slacker, post up your shopping list for costco/market. I stock up on ground turkey and frozen assorted veggies at costco, which i simply throw in a wok and stir fry (with very little oil). I also pick up eggs and boil a bunch so i can eat them during the week. What flavor zone bar do you prefer?

Old 04-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
At home up until a few days ago I lived a block from the store so never had a list. I just buy food for a day or two.

On the road a week's worth is something like:

5-6 bags of steam bag veggies.
5 lbs or so of meats including beef, chicken, fish and sometimes vegetarian proteins stuff.
5-6 protein bars. Sometimes zone or cliff builders chocolate mint. Lately I've been enjoying the big 100 peanut butter and pretzel. I only do these pre or post workout, they're basically a healthy candy bar.
Energy drinks, either monster or redbull sugar free versions

That takes care of dinners and evening snacks. Breakfast is usually like I posted above and lunch is eaten out.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
That's a well thought out diet on the road!

Old 04-13-2011, 02:44 AM
Teamspeed Member
ddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by big_slacker
At home up until a few days ago I lived a block from the store so never had a list. I just buy food for a day or two.

On the road a week's worth is something like:

5-6 bags of steam bag veggies.
5 lbs or so of meats including beef, chicken, fish and sometimes vegetarian proteins stuff.
5-6 protein bars. Sometimes zone or cliff builders chocolate mint. Lately I've been enjoying the big 100 peanut butter and pretzel. I only do these pre or post workout, they're basically a healthy candy bar.
Energy drinks, either monster or redbull sugar free versions

That takes care of dinners and evening snacks. Breakfast is usually like I posted above and lunch is eaten out.

You have to be careful with bars, check the calories in a bar; usually very high accompanied by a lot of sugar and possibly sodium

Old 04-13-2011, 05:19 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
True about the bars, but Zone bars are about the best bar out there. I stay away from bars though and eat and apple before a workout.

I just finished my own WOD... 10 minute warmup followed by 4 rounds of the following:

1.5 pood kb swings x 15
225# dead lifts x 10
30" box jumps x 10
Ab-wheel rollouts x 10

Old 04-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Yeah, the bars are a snack. See above where I say they're basically a candy bar. I've got a sweet tooth and its that or a snickers. If thats the worst of it I'm ok.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
just weighed in at 87.1kg
24hrs ago exactly i was 89.2kg on the same scale and empty stomach

back in the gym for the past 5 days today (3rd day was a rest)

did 1,000 jump rope in 13mins (totally determined to get it back to less than 10)
delts, bi, chest, bit of abs followed
10min 4km bike
360m swim to wrap the exc up
and 10min steam for a lazy HR spike

today is lats, tri, traps, forearms and a bit of abs, preceeded by (hopefully) another 1k JR and proceeded by 10min stairs set on fatburner for alternate speeds

need to get back at 82kg/30" waist ASAP
currently 87.1kg/33"

will discuss supps later

diet is 450g of chicken breasts diced and cooked in olive oil with grn peppers and mushrooms (consumed over 2 meals)
late night before bed shutting-up meal is 1 scoop whey + 1 scoop casein (both ON gold standard) with milk

brkfast is one midsized bowl's worth of all bran cereal with raisins

ill be needing complex carbs in a wks time as i lose the water and try to boost muscle mass saving when i get to some serious fatburning workouts

SoCal plz ban me if i come here and plead guilty to falling off the wagon this time!
been 8 months since i got married, NO MORE EXCUSES

Old 04-15-2011, 06:31 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Will do Boursachi.

Did front squats yesterday: 135# x 15, 185# x 12, 205# x 8, 225# x 4

I was just trying to get that lift down pat, and I felt really good about it after that sesh. I also worked on my squat snatch, and that will take a bit more fine tuning until I have it down.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread