Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2
I'd wager that most of it is water weight bro. Not slagging you, but after letting us know that you're 19 and fairly new to working out, that says a LOT. Please understand that it is not physically possible to put that much muscle on in three months. There are so many factors that would prevent that. Not the least of which are the various bodily systems cannot sustain that added mass, nervous/cardiovascular/nervous demands.

You cannot tear down, and replace muscle cross section in that period of time.

At your age, and being the first time you've really committed to working out; you're testosterone is raging like it never will once you pass 21-25 years of age.

It rocks that you're killing it in the gym bro, but you have to understand that you're simply holding water. You are absolutely getting bigger, but it isn't physically possible to do 20 pounds in that amount of time.

Only juice would do that. And even then, 20 pounds from gear would not be permanent.

That definitely makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up, I just assumed muscle...didn't really think about water weight and stuff like that.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:46 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Just keep doing what you're doing bro! You are absolutely on the right track, and you WILL make natural gains right now, at this point in your life; like you never will ever again once you pass your mid 20's. (at the latest)

Old 01-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
30k again tonight on ergoracer. Had to check on HR 120 to 165 highest with max 325 watts cause I am old.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Who the hell needs to work out?
I'm too lazy for all that... hahaha

Old 01-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Gator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond repute
21 years old.....

4 days on, 1 day off, regardless of what day of the week it is. 3-5 mile run, walk a few minutes, followed by 20 intense minutes of pushups, pullups, dips, etc - only stuff involving my own bodyweight. Less than 1 minute rest between sets.

I'll have a cup of black coffee and a granola bar before this, but other than that I drink only water and lots of it.

For the past 5 months I've eaten a maximum of 2000 calories/day for weight loss. You can't deny science, maintaining a caloric deficit is the only way the body can lose weight. For the past 2 weeks I've been gradually reducing my food intake to about 2500-2800/day, since I'm done losing.

Typically, I eat a small meal every 3 hours or so, depending on class schedule, etc. These meals include eggs (breakfast duh), whole wheat bread, deli ham, chicken breast, fish, granola bars, tons of veggies (AT LEAST 5 servings daily), whole grain rice, grapefruit, etc. No sugar or junk food whatsoever.

Compared to 5 months ago, I still can't fathom how much energy, overall vigor and mental focus I have now. I've also found running to be fantastic to just clear my mind in the mornings. My only supplement is a 1000% vitamin C pill every morning.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
Read "The Zone", changed my view of food for good.

Used to be in good shape, had health problems for the past year and a half, now not so much.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Oh workout thread, nice!

I'm 24, have been doing this since sometime in HS. I went to Russia one summer and someone pointed at me and said I was fat, no PC BS in Russia. I didn't like it, so instead of whining and trying to sue McDonalds, which I love, I hit the gym.

Right now I'm around 200 pounds, I'm one of those people that doesn't care about the number so that's why I say "around". Last time gov decided to measure me for bf% it was 7% chest, and 11% on stomach and thighs, so I'm not that soft.

I do variety of exercises during different seasons. I snowboard, run, do some HIIT, bike, some krav maga and grappling on occasion (Don't look at me like that choke, I suck) and of course lift some weights. My favorite exercise by far is squats, and it works out perfectly because that is one piece of equipment that is almost never used in any gym, unless some shmuck decides to use it for bicep curls. But let's not get into that.

I used to work out for pure vanity reasons, then I hit college and stopped caring about that completely. Now it's all about performance to me, I try to beat myself each and every single time. I even have little rewards/punishments set up when I accomplish this. It's kinda fun

I'd be glad to offer someone advice, if they want it; I trained a few people in the past but that quickly got frustrating because of whining or lying on their part. Now I just do it as a favor, or if you're a good friend.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute
I masterbate a lot

Old 01-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 45otto
I masterbate a lot
Strong right forearm, nice!

Old 01-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
I have found it very difficult to keep a steady workout plan during law school. The study time is intense and the material is mentally draining.

I would like to go 4x/wk with 2 days for lower body/core and 2 days for upper body. I am not competitive in any way, just want to stay in shape and whatnot.

I have lost 10lbs (at least in muscle) over the past 2 months. It's bad. Arms are like twigs.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread