Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I did 5 sets of:

30" box jumps x 12
1.5 pood KB swings x 15

Then I did some traditional weight lifting for my chest and triceps.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
ok so i am starting to get really discouraged with CROSSFIT! I find myself to be a pretty smart guy who catches onto things (especially sports) pretty quickly, but some of these moves i just can not get the hang of! it's getting to the point that it's affecting my performance during class! Maybe i am too proud, but will i ever get over this HUMP... i know i have only been doing this for 2 weeks, but COME ON MAN!

Today's WOD

AMRAP in 15 mins of:
15 clean&jerks (#115/65) Could not get the whole "process" and had to split into Clean....Then seperate JERK
15 kb swings (#53/35)
20 lunges
If you have a subscription to the Crossfit Journal, I recommend watching the Oly lifting clinic videos by Coach Mike Burgener. They are a great help!

Developing the Behind-the-Neck Split Jerk With Coach B: Part 1 by Mike Burgener with Dave Lipson - CrossFit Journal

Or read this series of articles:

Teaching the Jerk by Mike Burgener with Tony Budding - CrossFit Journal

Good luck!

Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Today's w/o:

15 minute AMRAP:

100m sprint (treadmill speed set to 9 / incline set to 3)
10 reps 35lb db thrusters
10 box jumps

Completed 9 rounds.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 AM
Banned
I'll do that WOD tonight once I am off work and post the results. Sounds fun.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Heading out in a few to Crossfit. I don't enjoy having to go to the night sessions as much as i do the morning ones. Such an ever changing schedule until the end of this month is making it impossible to get a good routine going.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Banned
A routine should be something that you DON'T want to get into. Change that shit up man; it helps.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
This kicked my rear! Almost puked.... Felt great though after

21-15-9 rep for time of: 18:10
Sumo deadlift high pulls (95/65)
Box jumps (24″/20″) did 26" (this white boy can jump)
Chest to bar pull ups (used medium band to assist)

Old 04-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Our Box owner posted this last night, amazing how true it is.....

When I was young and a competitive swimmer, no three words struck more fear into your heart more than those. Dead. ****ing. Last. At larger national meets there would be times where your only goal would be, not to be THAT.

It’s understandable, nobody wants to attract attention for being not as good as everyone else. The only thing worse, back then, would be to finish so far behind in your heat that you would get the “pity clap”, which is applause because you so far behind that everyone was waiting for you to finish.

It occurred to me recently that people have this fear at the gym. It causes people to scale more than they should, count reps that they shouldn’t or just flat out cheat. That’s saddens me, people not challenging themselves because they’re afraid of where they will finish or what someone might think.

It also occurred to me that dead ****ing last isn’t a bad thing, in fact, I think it’s a great thing. If you’ve pushed yourself more than you ever have before, used a heavier weight than ever before, held your rep quality to the highest standard or just made sure you’ve done the complete workout as written, then celebrate. You were dead ****ing last and you’re better for it. And if your fortunate enough to receive the “pity clap” relish in it, you earned it.

Last edited by C Money; 04-06-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Gator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond repute
5 miles under 80 deg sunshine. Omfg the heat adds a whole new dimension to the workout!!

Old 04-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
4 days of moving. 2 days I had 1 helper, the others by myself. Assload of stairs too.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread