Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 02:35 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
so i have been doing some ready and from what i can tell, using my "gym" shoes are a NO GO (New Balance running shoes)... From what I can tell i should get a pair of VFF (Five Fingers)... Any suggestions from those who have done or are doing CF?
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being a martial artist, I've done a lot of working out barefooted, but it wasn't until I started doing even body weight style (what is now known as "cross fit") workouts that I realized how under utilized the Achilles and calves are.

Be VERY cautious for the first two weeks wearing the VFF's. I have them, and LOVE them. I can tell you that your leg development, balance and over all conditioning will be exceptional using these things simply because they allow your body to connect with the ground as it was intended.

That said, I do some very heavy interval based plyo training in the morning in my VFF's. And then at lunch 3 days a week, some training that looks like it came out of a P90X. And on other times, BJJ training.

Point is, the VFF's have become my favorite training tool. The added grip when you're doing movement based training is exceptional, and it lets your legs develop properly.

I can't say enough about them.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Choke! going down to local shop today to get a pair... How does sizing go? Should they be snug or should you have a lil "room" in them? I have the feeling the next 2 weeks are going to be BRUTAL as I start CF and start using VFF!

Old 03-22-2011, 03:04 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
Thanks Choke! going down to local shop today to get a pair... How does sizing go? Should they be snug or should you have a lil "room" in them? I have the feeling the next 2 weeks are going to be BRUTAL as I start CF and start using VFF!
I got mine snug, and they've stretched a bit. Once you've worn them for about a week, they will be easy to get on and off. But until they stretch a little, they will take some effort to put on.

I'll also say this, spend the extra and get the one that are the ugliest. I can't remember what model mine are, but they are the "cross training", or "trail" version. All brown, with a velcro strap across the top.

Oh... and wash those ****ers once a week. They do start to staaaank!

I can't stress it enough, warm up extremely thoroughly before doing anything in these things, because you will absolutely see just how underutilized certain muscles in your lower legs are. Especially when you do some running.

Oh... one more thing... I HATE running. It always felt like an ass whooping. Even though once upon a time I was decent at it, turning in two mile runs in 11:15 on my Army PT tests. It sucked. But running in these things, essentially barefoot, forces you to run correctly; and you feel like you got an actual workout when your done, not an ass whooping. Its that whole body working like it is supposed to work thing.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome info Choke... I was looking @ the Camo ones, but will look for the nicest pair they sell.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:25 PM
TeH Ears
Here are the ones that I have. They are the KSO Trek's.

Worth every damn penny.

Wearing them right now as a matter of fact.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
I tried those, but I couldn't get my foot in them.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
They should fit your foot like a glove. And if your second toe (the one nest to the big toe) is longer than the big toe, you can't wear them...

Old 03-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Banned
Went with basic KSO.... He said with out crazy temps down here he has nothing but complaints with the full leather....

Old 03-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by SoCal
They should fit your foot like a glove. And if your second toe (the one nest to the big toe) is longer than the big toe, you can't wear them...
Those people have really small penises from what I hear

Old 03-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
it was actually my little toe I couldn't get in.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread