Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude, I only eat like that when I am deployed. I don't have the strength to eat like that (especially being married) when I am in the US. There are way too many food options in the US, and having less options when I am overseas help keep me on track.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, I ate the best when I was in a corp condo with a store a half mile away and no car. Go for a walk on day one, get groceries for a week, Pre cook as above.

Originally Posted by SoCal
Dude, I only eat like that when I am deployed. I don't have the strength to eat like that (especially being married) when I am in the US. There are way too many food options in the US, and having less options when I am overseas help keep me on track.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
There are plenty of complex carbs in the veggies and oats, just not the ones that most people like. My diet is more Zone than Atkins, but I do prefer high protein, medium fat, lower carbs. Keeps me full of energy and fuel and ready to go. I just hate eating like that when I'm here in the States.
Yeah, I was referring to those carbs that people DO like. I'm a sucker for a tasty piece of warm bread

Old 05-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
finally managed to pick up my stuff. this stuff should be good for me for close to a year!
casein & whey: cookies&cream, chocolate, strawberry
carnitine prewo & glutamine postwo
fatburner x2 vpx meltdown that should last until ramadhan
green tea extract came free

i do have dymatize xpand creatine which i tried only once a couple of days ago when i ran out of my fatburner and wanted to test it for the caff content.. it worked well i thought and i did lats so i felt a boost. don't think i wanna run it now though and might introduce it at 78-80kg (i still place myself at 84kg)

on fatburners: sorry for the question but motivated by science:
anyone know what ingredient is responsible in fatburners for making you 'need' to go visit the restroom approx 20mins after taking it? tbh the lightness feels great afterwards so it's definitely doing something to the waste and extra storage, but what is the ingredient?

Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2012, 07:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Its the caffeine bro.. its a diuretic

Old 05-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Went for a 3 mile run this morning. Felt like I couldn't waste the great weather here.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
10 weeks today
happy and it is fair that i am still at around 83kg post workout or in the morning (83.5 or so) if i ate right the previous day. of course i am doing a lot of weights so the scale is not the whole picture but it is what i want to focus on at the moment.

most important thing is that i am still AS FOCUSED, motivated, and determined; i want and WILL wave byebye to the 80s which i have been stuck in for 2yrs. want to be mid 70s to high 70s on cheat-weeks. besides, it will be much easier to maintain

doing 30mins of stairmaster as my fatburner, today being the hardest. wow 168 floors, 5.64km, started level 15 for 15mins then rested at level 6 then back up to 12 until i was done. tremendous stuff! beats running for sure in terms of how time does not stand still

aiming to complete a whole week until next tuesday without big-carb treat meals and stick to the meal plan of when i first started (read: 2 12" subway sandwiches were consumed last wednesday and the wednesday before that) because let's face it with all the sodium and calories and water retention this is basically killing 6 days out of a whole fortnight

i do not wish to set the unrealistic goal of TWO weeks on a strict meal plan because: a. it is unnecessary, b. it is Finals week so work will be in the way, c. i have still not tanned

wore my 31" baggy jeans with a boss polo i got from my uk trip in march 2010 and i rocked that sh1t i can now cross that off the list of goals and pat myself on the back but i already celebrated with the food last saturday (too much stress from chelsea vs bayern munich!)
for the past year, i have not been ABLE to wear my jeans to work because they were so snug around the waist and pressed my crotch like an italian comedian busting balls! i refused to buy larger jeans because i knew i would get comfortable, so this is a pretty huge thing for me and i am proud of that accomplishment especially since i got those jeans when i was 75 or so

sorry for this being more like a journal but i hope you guys who are trying out there can be inspired and see that it can be easily done while having lots of fun

note: only single major supplement is vpx meltdown. shakes (whey/casein) are totally not part of daily nutrition because i don't want to resort to that ever

Old 05-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
yo yo i got this another 30 min on stairmaster (after lats and bit of tri). level 15 for 25mins, then down to level 8 then 12 .. phew .. 5.65km, 183 floors, whole lot of sweat

AGAIN: stairmaster is more fun than running on a treadmill
time does not stand still, and on fatburner you are always mentally engaged because you need to focus on the upcoming level and adhere to it with your legs/knees speed. i was crunching on the slow intervals to work the abs and obliques as well so try that and report back!

don't want to get ahead of myself so the strict diet thing for the whole week is still on. huge test today because it's the weekly gathering at Dowaneya (like a living room you meet with friends, play cards, watch tv, talk, socialize etc)

Attached Images  
Old 05-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Since Yon shared his first pics I promised him to do the same. I've just recently started to get back in the groove so be gentle!

I guess I'm at 92-93kg. Not sure though.

Last edited by jox; 05-24-2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:32 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Bwahahahaha! Dude, don't take me seriously. Ever since I got married and stopped working out religiously, I am no longer the pull-up champ that I was.
now your a married fatty! way to go loser!

hugs..

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread