Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 01:43 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys!

I eat relatively healthy through the week, but still drink heavily, and eat out during the weekends (sushi w white rice, Indian food, etc etc)

Just out of curiosity, what bf% do you think I am at? I see what the two scales I use say, and what I think I am, but from an outsiders perspective.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
MC whoa did i read that right, you're 64kg?!
I bottomed out at 64kg, but it was very unhealthy. I'm at around 72kg now.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by GLN
Thanks guys!

I eat relatively healthy through the week, but still drink heavily, and eat out during the weekends (sushi w white rice, Indian food, etc etc)

Just out of curiosity, what bf% do you think I am at? I see what the two scales I use say, and what I think I am, but from an outsiders perspective.
Aside from the mounds of evidence which supports the fact there is zero benefit to doing so, this is further proof it is unnecessary to plan your life around a 7 meal/day diet. Leangains works.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Tim Ferris does a good job of exploring a lot of the stuff out there and trying things to see if they work for him. I think his mistake is thinking that because it does it will work for everyone or that it's the best way for everyone.

Anyone can read the stuff he does (Colorado experiment, berardi, dragondoor, McDonald, etc...) and try it. But props to him, he generally does his personal experiments right and puts his results out there.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
But props to him, he generally does his personal experiments right and puts his results out there.
I think that's the the key! He does a great job of controlling the experiment and typically manages the variables VERY well.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:18 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
what i really want to do is protein brownies
Let me know how that turns out.

Originally Posted by GLN
Probably going to get ripped for posting this... At least I know Ali and cstroked will appreciate it.
I appreciated it.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:08 AM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by MC321
I bottomed out at 64kg, but it was very unhealthy. I'm at around 72kg now.
Jeeze you weigh about as much as my left leg!

on a new note my front squat is at 175kg at 4 reps now so basicly where I want to be. My back squat is lacking though so time to put in some big efforts on that.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ How much do you weigh relative to your squat?

Old 04-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
First day of prep for the biking season. 20 min spin constant plus a few standing gradual climbs thrown in. Haha, I'm in horrible riding shape.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by MC321
^^ How much do you weigh relative to your squat?
Currently on a steady decline about .2-.4kg per week and at 98/99 at the moment will stop losing weight and focus 100% on lifting when I hit 92.

Right now I am doing a mixture and eating alot of protein whilst keeping my overall caloric intake down at around 1400-1500.

Once I start focusing on lifting that will increase to around 3500/5000 (non training day/ training day).

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread