Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 and Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Glad the car was not any faster, was a handful as it was.
Of course that is the real truth, even if they lose 50hp due to heat they are still so damn fast - I sort of come at it from a technical geeky view point rather than actually "needing" any more power

Old 01-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the more you drive it on the track the more manageable it becomes. With a car like the gt2, after a while, you really become "in tune" with it and it just feels like a fantastic car on the track..

Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by unique
I hated the 430 in every way, it was too flashy for me and completely different from my previous porsche (gt3 rs), it did not handle as well and would not excite you driving it the same way my gt2 does. The 430 was just different, everything about it was "boojie" and "exotic," it was hard to drive and was impractical. While the gt2 on the other hand is very practical, and although it needs more attention while driving it due to the extreme capabilities of the car, the car is still very practical. The 430 was also very tail happy in the corners, it was just an unpredictable STUPID car. Also my 430 was modded with some aftermarket goodies, and it still sucked compared to the gt2. Big time porsche passion.
Interesting comparison.."a GT2 very practical to drive"...well - I love my GT3/GT2..but an Audi is easier and more practical to drive....I didnt expec the 430 to that raw..but many people say that it was the last real Ferrari..for which I will give a lot of credit..no such playstation as a 458. I was even for some time thinking of an 430..but - since Im more a Porsche guy it seems I did everthing correct. Well, there could have been the GT2RS...but its a different budget..

Old 01-17-2013, 05:12 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
unique is on a distinguished roadunique is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
Interesting comparison.."a GT2 very practical to drive"...well - I love my GT3/GT2..but an Audi is easier and more practical to drive....I didnt expec the 430 to that raw..but many people say that it was the last real Ferrari..for which I will give a lot of credit..no such playstation as a 458. I was even for some time thinking of an 430..but - since Im more a Porsche guy it seems I did everthing correct. Well, there could have been the GT2RS...but its a different budget..
There is no doubt that the gt3/gt2 are not practical cars compared to average cars such as an Audi. The 430 is not practical to drive because it is terrible with parking, where as the gt2 can be parked anywhere. The 430 is not capable of keeping a low profile going out for normal outings, where as the gt2 will be perceived as a regular porsche. The 430 is not raw in any sense compared to the gt2's raw performance and amazing feel. The 430 simply drove like shit, and if you beat on it a little bit then off to the shop you went. The 430 is not a gear heads car, it is just a dumb show boat car that cannot be pushed or it will break.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
There is no doubt that the gt3/gt2 are not practical cars compared to average cars such as an Audi. The 430 is not practical to drive because it is terrible with parking, where as the gt2 can be parked anywhere. The 430 is not capable of keeping a low profile going out for normal outings, where as the gt2 will be perceived as a regular porsche. The 430 is not raw in any sense compared to the gt2's raw performance and amazing feel. The 430 simply drove like shit, and if you beat on it a little bit then off to the shop you went. The 430 is not a gear heads car, it is just a dumb show boat car that cannot be pushed or it will break.
OK..thanks for the feedback. That is true...a GT2 is not such a head turner..however, I realised that some girls pretty know the differnce beteween a normal 997 and the 997 Gt2 GT3..must be the wing that creates attention..

Old 01-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
unique is on a distinguished roadunique is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
OK..thanks for the feedback. That is true...a GT2 is not such a head turner..however, I realised that some girls pretty know the differnce beteween a normal 997 and the 997 Gt2 GT3..must be the wing that creates attention..
Thats whats awesome about the gt2, you dont get it for girls or anything like that. you get it truly for yourself, and the car is all function, NO bullshit. the 430 on the other hand is completely bullshit, from its shitty interior quality that would fall apart all the way to its shitty f1 tranny that would go bad because of small parts going bad like the actuator pump leaving you stuck in 3rd gear on the side of the freeway. I have owned my 430 for close to 2 years and put about 16k miles on it. I drive my cars and I drive them hard. the ferraris are not up for serious driving, they are meant for showboating and have 0 purpose. I find it hard to see myself in another ferrari ever, although my friend has a scuderia and it is much more of a drivers car than the regular 430 i still would prefer the gt2. I am still in the hunt for a cgt, that is the real machine.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thats whats awesome about the gt2, you dont get it for girls or anything like that. you get it truly for yourself, and the car is all function, NO bullshit. the 430 on the other hand is completely bullshit, from its shitty interior quality that would fall apart all the way to its shitty f1 tranny that would go bad because of small parts going bad like the actuator pump leaving you stuck in 3rd gear on the side of the freeway. I have owned my 430 for close to 2 years and put about 16k miles on it. I drive my cars and I drive them hard. the ferraris are not up for serious driving, they are meant for showboating and have 0 purpose. I find it hard to see myself in another ferrari ever, although my friend has a scuderia and it is much more of a drivers car than the regular 430 i still would prefer the gt2. I am still in the hunt for a cgt, that is the real machine.
Hi unique,

thanks..yes Im also looking at C-GTs..but my situation does not permit for the moment..even worse, I have the feeling the "real machine" will be worth in 10 years double of what ist now..but I would have to liquidate my car collection for it..or parts of it..and Im too attached to mine..

But let us know if you get one..

Old 01-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
3RS4.0 is an unknown quantity at this point
CGT + GT2 = the perfect pair

Old 01-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the GT2....def need some pics

Old 01-17-2013, 11:37 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ this.

Quick Reply: GT2 and Mods