Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 and Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
unique is on a distinguished roadunique is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Have driven a Scud on a track a few times and 458, as great as they are I would not trade in my GT2 for one. Can you give us your UNIQUE perspective on the 2 cars? NO pun indented.
I have never driven a scud or 458 on the track. But as far as my gt3 rs goes, I dont think you can compare them.... the gt2 is beast!

Old 01-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TB993tt
.. set of cheap 997tt.2 intercoolers is a very worthwhile thing to do ..
I've been reading a lot about GT2RS intercoolers. Whats the difference?

Old 01-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MC321
I've been reading a lot about GT2RS intercoolers. Whats the difference?
Different manufacturer, shorter and fatter (but still fit in the stock location) They seem to work quite well for road applications, the testing has been done mainly by user Earl on 6bling check it out.....

Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by unique
Yes, my previous car was a gt3 rs a few years back and I replaced it with my 430. Now I am finally back in a porsche, and boy am I happy.
Did you have a CGT at some point also?

I've seen the vids of your GT3 RS exhaust - who was the manufacturer?

Old 01-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by unique
I have never driven a scud or 458 on the track. But as far as my gt3 rs goes, I dont think you can compare them.... the gt2 is beast!
Sorry, I was not specific in my question. Please compare the F430 to the GT2, details please.
Thanks

Old 01-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
I have heard from more then 1 tuner place that living around here would not require upgraded intercoolers on my car. They say it would be a waste of money with minimal gains. If I lived in Phoenix or somewhere very hot it would help a little more.
Last night at 45F my car was spinning tires (12inch wide, slicks) accelerating in third gear, its fast enough. And that is with crappy 91octane gas.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
I have heard from more then 1 tuner place that living around here would not require upgraded intercoolers on my car. They say it would be a waste of money with minimal gains. If I lived in Phoenix or somewhere very hot it would help a little more.
Last night at 45F my car was spinning tires (12inch wide, slicks) accelerating in third gear, its fast enough. And that is with crappy 91octane gas.
You are over 20degc (~68F) ambient for a good portion of the year so it really depends how fast you drive your car and if you track it.
If you track it then you definitely would benefit from 997.2tt/RS coolers.
If in road driving you stay under 120mph ie no more than up to end of fourth gear acceleration then standard will suffice.
The loading in 5th gear upwards is what really sends the IAT soaring but on the track with limited core air flow it will also get high.

Remember if your IAT goes over about 50C then you ARE losing power, this is not ifs, the program pulls timing and reduces boost.

Last edited by TB993tt; 01-15-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Sorry, I was not specific in my question. Please compare the F430 to the GT2, details please.
Thanks
I hated the 430 in every way, it was too flashy for me and completely different from my previous porsche (gt3 rs), it did not handle as well and would not excite you driving it the same way my gt2 does. The 430 was just different, everything about it was "boojie" and "exotic," it was hard to drive and was impractical. While the gt2 on the other hand is very practical, and although it needs more attention while driving it due to the extreme capabilities of the car, the car is still very practical. The 430 was also very tail happy in the corners, it was just an unpredictable STUPID car. Also my 430 was modded with some aftermarket goodies, and it still sucked compared to the gt2. Big time porsche passion.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:26 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
I will post pics later today, sorry guys soo lazzzzzy

Old 01-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by TB993tt
You are over 20degc (~68F) ambient for a good portion of the year so it really depends how fast you drive your car and if you track it.
If you track it then you definitely would benefit from 997.2tt/RS coolers.
If in road driving you stay under 120mph ie no more than up to end of fourth gear acceleration then standard will suffice.
The loading in 5th gear upwards is what really sends the IAT soaring but on the track with limited core air flow it will also get high.

Remember if your IAT goes over about 50C then you ARE losing power, this is not ifs, the program pulls timing and reduces boost.
That is great information, will keep in mind . The only track I had it on would only allow me to get up to 140 for a brief second. It was about 90 degF that day though. Glad the car was not any faster, was a handful as it was.

Quick Reply: GT2 and Mods