Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 and Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
unique is on a distinguished roadunique is on a distinguished road
GT2 and Mods

Hi guys,

I picked up a beautiful 997 gt2 black on black with 3k miles on it. I have been driving the living hell out of it and put about 500 miles of hardcore driving.

I will occasionally track and dont want too much power.

I am in the process of purchasing the mods for my car.

1.Tune.... most likely giac because they are local
2. clutch... any suggestions, I want something closest to stock
3. race cat... from fabspeed, what do you guys think of this?
4. rss suspension components
5. BBS fi wheels

anything else that is crucial that I may be missing pls give me a heads up.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on your purchase, you won't regret it

In terms on tune, they are all pretty much the same so go to somewhere you're comfortable dealing with. Immediately upgrade your clutch. I went with a sach 2.5, good strong clutch but very close to the original with some additional chatter.

I have no experience with fab exhausts but I've been looking at the Sharkwerks set. Do some research on this in other forums and you'll find more info. As for suspension, I suggest you track the car a few times and then decide whether you want to amend it. Good luck

Old 01-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Pics!

Old 01-14-2013, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by unique
Hi guys,

I picked up a beautiful 997 gt2 black on black with 3k miles on it. I have been driving the living hell out of it and put about 500 miles of hardcore driving.

I will occasionally track and dont want too much power.

I am in the process of purchasing the mods for my car.

1.Tune.... most likely giac because they are local
2. clutch... any suggestions, I want something closest to stock
3. race cat... from fabspeed, what do you guys think of this?
4. rss suspension components
5. BBS fi wheels

anything else that is crucial that I may be missing pls give me a heads up.
Are you the same unique who had an orange GT3 RS a few years back?

GMG probably has race/sport cats, I think the GT2 had a DMF, so there's an upgrade to be had in going to the lwfw - maybe the GT2 RS setup?

Old 01-14-2013, 02:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Your mods are very similar to what I did except for no wheel upgrade for me.
Your car will be transformed to something so much more amazing then it is know. You only did not mention one thing (brv's which are minimal) , the RSS suspension set up will make your car feel like a go-kart. It will eliminate the understeer and communicate even more to you when the grip is at threshold.
Enjoy.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:43 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
unique is on a distinguished roadunique is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Guest
Are you the same unique who had an orange GT3 RS a few years back?

GMG probably has race/sport cats, I think the GT2 had a DMF, so there's an upgrade to be had in going to the lwfw - maybe the GT2 RS setup?
Yes, my previous car was a gt3 rs a few years back and I replaced it with my 430. Now I am finally back in a porsche, and boy am I happy.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
cotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JonA85
Pics!
+1! Congrats on the car.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Many congrats on the purchase of my favourite Porsche.

I don't think we can say definitively that "all tunes are the same" as they simply won't be but using someone local is always a good idea.

These engines suffer from heat and high intake temperatures which will quickly rob you of any new found hp if the intake temp goes over about 50C so a set of cheap 997tt.2 intercoolers is a very worthwhile thing to do at the same time as the tune. 200cell cats will really help with the back pressure which will be increased with your tune and again help you keep your power.

These engines of very sensitive to fuel quality and anything sub 93MON/98RON will lose you some of your power.

Agreed on the clutch, a Sachs 800+NM upgrade is a must have since the standard one is right on its limit.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on your purchase !! We need some pictures of this beast Click Here to view our selection of GT2 goodies.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by unique
Yes, my previous car was a gt3 rs a few years back and I replaced it with my 430. Now I am finally back in a porsche, and boy am I happy.
Have driven a Scud on a track a few times and 458, as great as they are I would not trade in my GT2 for one. Can you give us your UNIQUE perspective on the 2 cars? NO pun indented.

Quick Reply: GT2 and Mods